Translation Request

Translation requests of German or other languages.

Moderator: John W. Howard

postofficeworker
Supporter

Translation Request

Post by postofficeworker »

Can anyone help me with a rough translation of these excerpts of a letter that I have? :D Just want a very rough idea whats going on. Thanks! :up:
Attachments
letter2.jpg
letter2.jpg (223.42 KiB) Viewed 2604 times
letter1.jpg
letter1.jpg (72.71 KiB) Viewed 2604 times
Hiltraut Tieden
Supporter

Re: Translation Request

Post by Hiltraut Tieden »

First excerpt:
The writer writes to his wife that he is getting leave, plans to go out with her, debates whether to wear his uniform or not for it, will decide about it later on.
Writes that the successes are very large again in the last couple of weeks, but is not sure if it is enough for a "Totalsieg" for the "Waffen" in this year. It would be great to be back in Winter in D. (Deutschland?) or somewhere else. Time will tell, but one is for sure: they will defeat them one way or the other.
He writes that somebody got promoted to "Major".
He closes with the words that it is already 9pm, and greetings to Papa and Mom.
===

Second excerpt:
The writer thanks his dear little wife for a letter and two packages he received from her, sends her a long, sweet kiss for it. Asks her if that is fine with her. Tells her the package was dated 4. August, and was number 15. Is happy that she received plenty of mail from him. Tells her he knows her thoughts very well, especially when he receives mail every 3rd or 4th day from her from far away. He wants her thoughts on how much longer she thinks it will take, them having to write back and forth.
===
postofficeworker
Supporter

Post by postofficeworker »

Thanks for those translations. I'm very grateful. Amazed how you can read the handwriting :)
Quax der Bruchpilot
Supporter

Post by Quax der Bruchpilot »

GERMAN
Meine gute liebe Braut……….…ich habe Urlaub da können wir ja zu zweien ausgehen, in Uniform oder auch ohne. Nun das werden wir ja sehen. Freilich sind die Erfolge wieder sehr groß in den letzten Wochen aber ob es wohl zu einem Totalsieg für unsere Waffen führt in diesem Jahr? Ja es wäre schon herrlich im Winter in …XX* oder sonst woanders. Nur abwarten vorerst und das steht fest es wird besiegt so oder so. Der Urlauber ist aber auch wieder in der alten Garnisonsstadt* gewesen. Dass ich nicht vergesse Stefan Jung ist Major geworden. Also demnach befördert. Nun für heute aber Schluss. Es ist jetzt genau 21h, Zeit aufs Lager. Der Russe ist ja jetzt gerade sehr anständig

TRANSLATION (no guarantee but instead high accuracy :roll: )

My good beloved bride ..(illegible)…….I have leave (vacation) time, we can go out by two, dressed in Uniform or even without. We will see about that. Of course success again has been enormous during the last weeks but will this be enough for a total victory of our weapon, within the present year? It would be fantastic to be during winter in XX* or even somewhere else. We have to wait a little but it is written into stone that we will win, no matter how. The vacationer by the way was seen again in the old garrison town*. Not to forget that Stefan Jung became Major. Logically he was promoted (conveyed). Now I´ll finish for today. It is exactly 9 p.m., time for rest. Even the Russian in this present moment is very polite.

*places erased by censorship or not mentioned in clear text
Quax der Bruchpilot
Supporter

Post by Quax der Bruchpilot »

Sorry, didn't see #2:

It starts with:
Mein liebes kleines Frauchen,
Gestern schon wieder ein so liebes Briefchen erhalten und heute zwei so liebe Päckchen von Dir meine Gute. Ich danke dir sehr herzlich dafür und auf deinen zarten roten Mund sollst du ein langes süßes Küsschen bekommen aus ganzem Herzen.

My lovely little wife,
Yesterday having received such a lovely letter and today two so lovely packages, from you my dear. Thank you very much (cordially) for that and on your cute red lips you shall receive a long and sweet kiss coming down from my heart.