Hitler Orders/Guidance Clarifications Needed

Translation requests of German or other languages.

Moderator: John W. Howard

Stephan H.
Contributor

Hitler Orders/Guidance Clarifications Needed

Post by Stephan H. »

Gentlemen – I’m trying to make certain I have the basic understanding for a series of orders/guidance issued by Hitler. I do not require an exact translations, just confirmation of meaning. Here they are:

Der Führer genehmigt das Zuladen von Mannschaftsersatz zu Munitions Transporten nach den Heeresgruppen Nord und Kurland.

Does this mean that Hitler is approving the use of “Crew Replacements” to load Munitions??
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Für die Mitte und dem linken Flügel der H.Gr. erteilt der Führer die Genehmigung zum Ausweichen der inneren Flügel ohne dass dabei Lücken entstehen dürfen Die äuβeren Flügel haben soweit vorwärts zu halten, als es irgend möglich ist.

Is the context: “Hitler gave permission to withdraw the inner wings of the center and the left wing, providing that this does not cause the outer wing to be held so far forward, when it is at all possible.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Die bisher ergangenen Befehle zur Warnung der Truppe sind dem Führer vorzulegen.

Is the context: “The orders, based on the previous guidance on Warning the Troops, must be submitted to Hitler.”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zum Einsatz gegen die westlich Chemnitz ohne Betreib Stoff stehenden amerikaanischen Panzer sind:

I think this means: “For action against the American tanks standing west of Chemnitz are:" but how does “Betreib Stoff” factor into this sentence?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Der Führer hat befohlen, dass die Luftwaffe am 21 April unter Einsatz aller Kräfte, auch der Strahlen-Flugzeuge das nachschieben von Feindkräften durch die Lücke südlich Cottbus verhindert oder zumindest erschwert.

My question here is whether or not “auch der Strahlen-Flugzeuge das nachschieben” refer to the inclusion of jet aircraft in the attacking force or something else?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!
Stephan
vkun
Supporter

Re: Hitler Orders/Guidance Clarifications Needed

Post by vkun »

Well, German is a difficult language sometimes....

1. Hitler approves the additional loading of replacement troops onto ammo transports to AGs Nord and Kurland.
(i.e. the troops are transported together with the ammo)

2. Hitler gave permission to withdraw the inner wings of the center and the left wing without gaps (Lücken) to be created. The outer wings are to be held as far forward as possible.

3. The orders for warning the troops given so far have to be submitted to H.

4. For action against the American tanks standing west of Chemnitz without fuel are... (Betriebsstoff = fuel)

5. the jetplanes are included in the attacking force to prevent the reinforcement of enemy troops through the gap south of Cottbus.
Stephan H.
Contributor

Re: Hitler Orders/Guidance Clarifications Needed

Post by Stephan H. »

Many thanks! I was really on the fence on whether or not Hitler meant the American tanks were out of fuel.

I may have a few more in the next week or so.

Cheers :up: