250 I.D. on NARA

Translation requests of German or other languages.

Moderator: John W. Howard

Ricardo Silva
Supporter

250 I.D. on NARA

Post by Ricardo Silva »

Hi to all,
i'm doing the translation of a NARA roll on the famous blue division, and i am having some dificulties with this paragraph:

"Die division erhält den Korpsbefehl Nr.2010/41, in dem die folgende Abschnittsgrenze zwischen der Division und der 126 I.D. bekanntgegeben wird: Saklinje (126) - Dolgowo (126) - Nordrend Pacnotnaja - Gorka - Shabnizy - Msta-Fluss - bis zum zussmmenfluss mit dem Chubka-Fluss- Wessiljewa Gora-Konkowe. Dieser Befehl tritt in Kraft, sowie das Korps es anordnen wird."

Can someone help me with this text?
Thanks in advance for your atention
Howard
Associate

Re: 250 I.D. on NARA

Post by Howard »

Hi Ricardo,

should be something like:

The division receives Corps order No.2010/41, in which the following sector boundaries between the Division and 126 I.D. are given: Saklinje (126) - Dolgovo (126) - northern edge (reading rand for rend) of Pacnotnaja - Gorka - Shabnitsy - Msta river - up to the confluence with the River Chubka- Wessiljewa Gora-Konkowe. This order enters into force, when the Corps orders.

HTH
Regards

Howard
Ricardo Silva
Supporter

Post by Ricardo Silva »

Thank you very much Howard,
this is the part when the blue division was settling in the frontline, near Leningrad. I'll soon start working on the documents of the Krasny Bor Battle, and i'll share it with the forum. Krasny Bor was the great moment of truth for this division, in 4 days of vicious combat, they hold most of theyr ground, and while having around 4000 casualties, they managed to inflict between 11000 and 14000 to the soviet 55th army.
Ricardo Silva
Supporter

Post by Ricardo Silva »

I'm having some difficulties in this text, there are several abreviations and i can't figure them out:

"Der feind beschoß unsere erste linie und das Hintergelände mit störungsfeuer aus Gr. W., Pak und Geshützen mittl.u.s.kal. mit schwerpunkten in Pushkin, Wojskorowo und Krasnij Bor."

If someone could help on this, i would be very thankfull.
hero.
Supporter

Post by hero. »

Hello Ricardo !

>> Der feind beschoß unsere erste linie und das Hintergelände mit störungsfeuer aus Gr. W., Pak und Geshützen mittl.u.s.kal. mit schwerpunkten in Pushkin, Wojskorowo und Krasnij Bor. <<

That would translate to :
The enemy fired at the immediate frontline and the rearward areas with harassing fire from mortars (= Gr.[anat] W.[erfer]),
Pak (anti-tank guns) and artillery guns (= Geschützen) of medium (= mittl. [mittlere]) and heavy (=s.[schwere])
calibres (=Kal. [Kaliber]). The points of main effort were at Pushkin, Wojskorowo and Krasnij Bor.

Hope that helps :D , best regards,

hero.
Ricardo Silva
Supporter

Post by Ricardo Silva »

It helped a lot Hero,
if it isn't easy for me to translate german, it's far difficult when it is german abreviations...
Thank you
pak
Supporter

Post by pak »

Ricardo Silva wrote:It helped a lot Hero,
if it isn't easy for me to translate german, it's far difficult when it is german abreviations...
Thank you
I have found this pdf with German abbrevations very useful.....
http://downloads.sturmpanzer.net/mlw/Ge ... ations.pdf
/pak
Ricardo Silva
Supporter

Post by Ricardo Silva »

Very usefull indeed, thank you for the info Pak,
i knew the site, but i'm still going through the huge amount of documents it has. It's one of the best sites in terms of original documentation, and some of our members contribute with material. I have a few studies in hand, and i'm thinking of asking if they are interested on them, i'll gladly share them.