Franch to english or Dutch

Translation requests of German or other languages.

Moderator: John W. Howard

andries

Franch to english or Dutch

Post by andries »

can someone translate this French from French to english or to dutch?
It,s about a soldier from elsass who was in the wehrmacht and stationed in Holland during ww2.
Attachments
no5
no5
DSC00348 (Medium).JPG (55.53 KiB) Viewed 3263 times
no4
no4
DSC00347 (Medium).JPG (64.35 KiB) Viewed 3262 times
no3
no3
DSC00346 (Medium).JPG (79.4 KiB) Viewed 3261 times
no2
no2
DSC00345 (Medium).JPG (77.04 KiB) Viewed 3261 times
no1
no1
DSC00344 (Medium).JPG (77.29 KiB) Viewed 3261 times
HeinrichFrey
Contributor
Location: Franconia-Franconie-Franken-巴伐利亚州-Франки-فرانك-バイエルン

Re: Franch to english or Dutch

Post by HeinrichFrey »

I think this should be Sebastians part.
Best Regards
Matthias

"Lage?"-"Beschissen wäre geprahlt!"
sebastian
Contributor

Post by sebastian »

i could translate it if i could read the handwriting,but i will try starting with the first letter :-),i'll do it in french and put the translation after it.

Monsieur Van Rossem,
C'est certain quand parlant a vous voir ensemble,ce serai préférable d'autant plus qu'en discutant il y a des souvenirs qui peuvent me revenir si votre temps vous le permets et que vous voudriez passer faites moi le savoir

je vous pri de recevoir.monsieur
mes salutations les plus respecteuse

mister van rossem,

it is sure talking and seeing you together,it would be better to dicust it,and that brings me back memories;if you have the time,and you would like to come by,you let me know.

i would like to receive you mister

respectfull salutations

Keep in mind that my 1st language is flemish,then english and then french and spanish,but i think i did a pretty good job on the uncrypting :-)

The letters are in my opinion written, by a flemish speaking person,if i look at the sentences.and the name mr.Van Rossem is belgian as Rossem is a town not far away i am 100% sure the letter is belgian!Maybe from a flemish ss?Dont know if thet were in Holland at that time

so 1 is down already

@Andries,moet het ook nog in het vlaams of nederlands,of is het zo al goed?

Greets Seb
united we stand,divided we fall
andries

Post by andries »

nee is prima in het engels

bedankt
groeten
andre
sebastian
Contributor

Post by sebastian »

here goes the second one:

plus tard on es parti,mais je ne connais pas les noms,On etait un certain temps dans des baraquements dans la foret,puis dan un aéroport désaffecté et au printemps on etait proche de Deventer sur l'autre coté de la riveire et tout a la fin a Utrecht et...
translation in english:

Later on we left,but i dont know the names,we where in barracks in the woods,later in an wasted airport,and in spring we were close to deventer on the other side of the river and in the end close to utrecht and...

this is a snippet so dont think i translated it bad :-)

Seb
sebastian
Contributor

Post by sebastian »

the third one :

Les noms d'uniteés ne me disent pas grand-chose,mais je crois q'au faisait parti de l'einheit shroder,nous meme n'avons pas participé a la bataille d'Arnhem,mais trois jours avant le parachutage nous etions en alerte supreme,seulement on ne savait pas pourqoui,et qui veut dire que tout a été connu d'avancer
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the unit-names dont say big things to me,but i think they were part of einheit shroder.We have not taken part in the battle of Anrhem,but three days before the parachuting we were in high alert,we only did not know why,and who wants to say that everything was known in advance..

so thats another part,i'll come back when i got somet time!

Seb
HeinrichFrey
Contributor
Location: Franconia-Franconie-Franken-巴伐利亚州-Франки-فرانك-バイエルン

Post by HeinrichFrey »

O.k. Seb!
engaged.
Best Regards
Matthias

"Lage?"-"Beschissen wäre geprahlt!"
Howard
Associate

Post by Howard »

And the next bit:

can't read the top line properly... we were attached to the Wehrmacht and were sent directly to Russia, where I was in the G ? Einsatz and Ausb Reg 489 and that's where I was wounded too. AFter conalesence I returned to Oldenbourg by draft ttown?, and I managed to get myself transferred to Holland to avoid going back to Russia. That's why i don't know what Batallion 154 was doing before 15 February 1944 - I was attached to them from this date, all the more so because I passed through several units before being finally attached to Bat 154 which was stationed at Gronningen and I stayed there until at least May '44. After that we were quartered in villages but I can't remember their names except for Bergen. At any rate we were not in Noordbergen before July 1944.

Sorry the names are bit hard to read at the bottom :?
Regards

Howard
sebastian
Contributor

Post by sebastian »

its getting harder and harder to read :-),i'll try to fill in the pieces howard could not read:

je eatis dans le gr.einzats(grenadiers) und ausb.(ausbildung) regiment 489,for the rest its pretty complete
sebastian
Contributor

Post by sebastian »

And i will try the last one:

Cela n'a rien a voir avec les relations franco-allemande,ce etait la guerre ou se connaissant tres bien.Et krieservetter n'etait pas un nazi,et avoir un ami dans des jours difficile,cela compte est c'est réconfartant,Ce que je vous écris maintenant,je ne l'ai encore dit a personne.Ou c'est juré mutuellement qu'en cas de(cant read that word)pepim? qu'on ne s'abandonnerait pas qoui qu'il arrive et cela compte.Moi j'etais en Russie j'y étais blésse,bien sur on aide les copains,mais avant tout chacun essays quand meme de sauver d'abord sa peau.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It has nothing to do with he french-german relations,it was war,and we knew it very well.And Kriesvetter wasnt a nazi,and having a friend in these difficult days is what counts,and its comforting.What i write to you now,i never told nobody yet.It is mutually decided that in case of(lang for attack i think)we would never leave,whatever may come,and thats what counts,I was inRussia and wounded,ofcourse we help our friends,but above all every single one of us trys to save its own skin

just 1 word that i cant read,and i am sorry for that,im even feeling bad that i made a nice translation just 1 word in whole the text i cant read :x

hope to helped you out

seb
andries

Post by andries »

thanks very much!!!!!!!!!!!!

kind regards
andre
sebastian
Contributor

Post by sebastian »

i talked to my dad the word is pépim,straight translated it means a seed from a plant,in this case its slang for trouble!

Sebastian
andries

Post by andries »

ok thanks very much ,it,s cool to be able to research some family history now you,ve translated it !

Again thanks very much!
andre