Did Russians Fear Germans SS most?

German Veterans, vet accounts, MIA searches, KIA info, and on relatives who served.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

Holmer
Supporter

Post by Holmer »

yawn. :x
We are born to die.
Christoph Awender
Patron

Post by Christoph Awender »

These are the first sentences of you I can accept how they are.

When you say something on a public forum you have to accept other oppinions. And it is a discussion forum not a "eat what you get diner". I have another oppinion than you have. So I answered and wanted to know how you come to the oppinion you have.
You were not willing to enter a discussion although I provided lots of points to discuss.

I will leave you alone on this forum. Have fun.

\Christoph
Uli
Enthusiast

Post by Uli »

I don't have any problem--none whatsoever--with you offering your opinion. In fact, in the beginning, you and Timo offered loads of spectacular information, and I truly enjoyed it. I'm always open to conversation and such; but what fun is it when such discussions end up in shouting matches?

Best of luck to you, too.
the.warlord1944
Supporter

Post by the.warlord1944 »

i am really getting bored here :D .

He Timo.
Je hebt weer eens bewezen dat Amsterdammers super arrogant en egoistisch zijn.

Zeik mekaar vooral af !!!!!
Timo
Patron

Post by Timo »

the.warlord1944 wrote:i am really getting bored here :D .

He Timo.
Je hebt weer eens bewezen dat Amsterdammers super arrogant en egoistisch zijn.

Zeik mekaar vooral af !!!!!
Instead of rants and insults you could try to post something useful for a change. Preferably in English. Earlier you wrote...
the.warlord1944 wrote:ss front line units are simply better then their counterparts end of discussion 8) .
...perhaps you can post something that contradicts the information provided by Christoph and me?

Perhaps you can also provide some evidence that proves your assumption that I am arrogant and "egoistisch" (egoistic). Especially the "egoistic" part makes no sense. Do you even know the meaning of that word?
the.warlord1944
Supporter

for everybody on the i-net.
Amsterdam is the capital of Holland.
And everybody who lives there thinks he`s better than the normal inhabitants.

They are o so superieur to us farmers in the South (Brabant).

Amsterdam stands for ignorance,drugs and hookers.
Glad i do not live there.
and yeah there pretty egoistic !!!
Prove to me that Amsterdam is better then the rest of Holland.

keep up the good work Timo !!!
Timo
Patron

Post by Timo »

Why do I have to prove to you that Amsterdam is better than the rest of Holland? I don't even share that opinion :?

Seems your grunge against me is based on your inferiority complex 8)

Still don't see what makes me egoistic. Is that only based on your prejudice against everybody from Amsterdam? How pathetic.
the.warlord1944
Supporter

I find it so funny, keep writing and think you are right.
And you will be in your mind.

Come on people isnt this something ??

This guy needs 7 pages to piss everybody off.
And only two or three people are still chatting about the real issue.

For Timo ,
I suggest you use the e-mail for that becaus on those 7 pages could be something usefull for all of us users on feldgrau.com

Timo have a nice day :D
Keep smiling and do not loose fate.
Salvation will be there for you at the end of your journey.
Timo
Patron

Post by Timo »

the.warlord1944 wrote:This guy needs 7 pages to piss everybody off.
And only two or three people are still chatting about the real issue.
...odd thing about "pissing everybody off" is that "everybody" in this case means those who fail to give factual prove for their "the SS was the best. Period" - kind of replies. I can live with that. You don't have to revitalate this topic after almost three weeks just to tell me that :wink:
the.warlord1944 wrote:For Timo ,
I suggest you use the e-mail for that becaus on those 7 pages could be something usefull for all of us users on feldgrau.com
...unfortunately I have no clue what you're trying to say here :?

But you'll probably reply with more provocations so I'll let you be.
Sigurd Helge
Supporter

Post by Sigurd Helge »

Timo and Christoph,

I haven't posted, nor have I visited the site for a while but having now been reading some threads I get a very disturbing feeling.
What has happened to this forum? I get the feeling that the quality is going down in certain aspects. It seems that the forum is beig flooded by a lot of unserious people who don't contribute a bit but just goes on and on pursuing weird and clearly strange biased agendas.
The tone in a lot of posts are both rude and highly unprofessional and lack dearly in respect for higher knowledge and good research.
The wrong-doers are making a serious attempt at robbing the forum of it's credibility.

I fear that this conduct and the presence of not too serious members are degrading the forum and the risk of scaring away sincere and serious members is obvious. This has to change.
Thank god a few good people keep on (like you two).

Am I right or? What are your opinions?
GMY
~Sigurd Helge

"Believe those who seek the truth. Doubt those who claim they've found it"
Sigurd Helge
Supporter

Post by Sigurd Helge »

Timo & Christoph,

Don't respond to this post.
I've moved my post to the "Comments and Suggestions" section for a public discussion on the general state of the Feldgrau forums.
Please give me your opinions there!
GMY
~Sigurd Helge

"Believe those who seek the truth. Doubt those who claim they've found it"
LexLothar

Post by LexLothar »

Quite an interesting thread......all I have to say is that everything was looking mighty bleak in late 44 :shock:
Shmeiker
Supporter

Post by Shmeiker »

to Uli

Please, check this one - it can give you some thought whether SS troops were really "the best ever" - read comment by Achilles.

http://www.feldgrau.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12605

Noone questions that some of them were elite, but making tought statement that they all surpassed Greek phalanx or Roman legions is exaggeration IMO. All this simply because there is no ground on which these formations could be compared. And without such a ground noone can make objective judgement (which does not prevent personal opinions, but such an subjective opinion should be clearly marked).
Helmut Von Moltke

Post by Helmut Von Moltke »

hi, regarding the discussions about the eliteness, etc of the Waffen SS on this thread, I personally hold the opinion of Awender that some of the Waffen SS , like LAH, Das Reich, Totenkopf, Hitlerjugend were lite, and that some divisions, like Dirlewanger, were mediocre crap worst than Heer units. But however, I have to argue that some Eastern Waffen SS volunteer units like 15 and 19 Latvian Waffen Grenadier division of the SS fought well, with great courage, since it was fighting for Latvia, which was under attack from Soviet Union. A intresting example of this would be 80 Latvian SS men fighting to the death in close quarter combat asking and giving no mercy in the air ministry, even though they knew that all was lost, but they still wanted to get down as many of the hated enemy as possible. The same can be said of the 20. Waffen Grenadier Division of the SS made out of Estonians, they had a famous Knight's Cross holder Harlad Nugiseks, who is still alive and well and I have corresponded with him. However, I also must say that there are some good, although not elite, units of the Waffen SS like Hohenstauffen, which crushed the British paras at Arnhem, SS Sturmbrigade Wallonie at Cherkassy and who can forget, the Charlemagne Division, which destroyed tons of Russian tanks in Berlin? So in my opinion, its around 50 % of good quality or elite Waffen SS. just my 2 cents.... :D

helmut
Annelie
Patron

Post by Annelie »

Helmut Vpn Motke
80 Latvian SS men fighting to the death in close quarter combat asking and giving no mercy in the air ministry, even though they knew that all was lost, but they still wanted to get down as many of the hated enemy as possible.
I take it you mean those 80 men whom fought in the battle of Berlin?
Annelie