OT: Is there a picture in the i-net about Hitler´s son?

German Veterans, vet accounts, MIA searches, KIA info, and on relatives who served.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

canon

OT: Is there a picture in the i-net about Hitler´s son?

Post by canon »

I mean the french guy. Don´t know his name or if he is alive.

canon
ChronicMasterbator

Post by ChronicMasterbator »

That news story came out before the internet existed, and it's therefore unlikely that his pic made it on the web someplace. I remember seeing him on TV and I don't think it was a big news story either.
Driggs

Post by Driggs »

Tell me more about this man... Hitler's son! sounds like a made up story
Das Reich
Supporter

Post by Das Reich »

Might not be made up, but I'm sure facts are hard to come by.
Rudi S.
WWII Vet

Hitler's son

Post by Rudi S. »

There is a fiction book, written by Harry Mulisch, with the title "Siegfried". It was. I believe, published in 2001.
In my opinion, Hitler had no son nor a daughter. As far as I know, H. was impotent.
Rudi S.
hopelessfreedom

Post by hopelessfreedom »

Are you guys talking about Leon Degrelle, the French Waffen-SS officer? Hitler said about Degrelle, "If I had a son, I would want him to be like you." This may be where the story originated. I don't know.
5./SS-Pz.Aufkl.Abt.12
Rohrbach
Supporter

Post by Rohrbach »

Hi,

The person they are talking about is Jean-Marie Loret. He was discovered by the German historian Werner Maser during the late 1970s. Loret claimed his mother told him that she had had a sexual relationship with Hitler during World War I and that Jean-Marie was the result. Loret wrote his memoirs which were published in France in the early 1980s. He died in 1985 without proving that he was in fact Hitler's son. I seem to remember that Loret's claim surfaced about the time it was publicly revealed Hitler still had a sizeable amount of money in some bank in South America which could only be claimed by a relative. I also seem to remember there was somehting odd about Loret's year of birth which didn't help his case. Like he was born in 1920 or 1921 instead of during the war years, but that might be me confusing it with some other issue.

Rohrbach