Veterans and Vet info

German Veterans, vet accounts, MIA searches, KIA info, and on relatives who served.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

willab1416

Veterans and Vet info

Post by willab1416 »

Just recently I got hold of a veterans group of badges/insignia & medals of a man who served in the Herman Goring Fallschirm-panzer Div...the collection comprises of 1pr of shoulder boards (Feldwebel) 1pr of collar patches, a cut down HG cuff title, armourers circular crossed rifles cloth badge, one complete dog tag...with different information on each side?
Also a veterans pin for the Kameradsschaftsbund Fallschirmpanzerkorps E.V, a small Wehrpass style photo of a very young man in uniform, a book 'Die Weissen Spiegel' (the White Mirror) by Alfred Otte (I also have the English language version).
Inside the book was taped his dog tag, the small photo & a brief biography on his service beginning 1.5.1939 with RGG, his sub units, promotions & awards, Luftwaffe GAB & WB in Black.
BUT...no name,??? so with that I would like if anyone in the forum could point me in the right direction as to which would be the correct government department in Germany to find out who this boy was.
Thank you, Malcolm.