Ruhe in Freiden

German Veterans, vet accounts, MIA searches, KIA info, and on relatives who served.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

Franz Repper
Supporter

Ruhe in Freiden

Post by Franz Repper »

Otto Funk - 12 SS Died on Sunday.

Left to right: Sepp Bund (KIA 26.06.1944 near Cheux), Klaus Schuh (KIA 26.06.1944 near Cheux) and Günther Hamel.In the background Klaus Schuh´s ammo-carrier SS-Sturmmann Otto Funk.
this photo was taken after the failed attack in La Villeneuve,June 9th,
Denn jedem Kämpfer gibt ein Gott den Kameraden bei
haen2
WWII Vet

Re: Ruhe in Freiden

Post by haen2 »

Hi Franz,
If you wish to use German terms, please make yourself comfortable with the right spelling.
Ruhe in FRIEDE ( pronounced Freede) , NOT Freiden which would be pronounced Fraaiden, or Friden .
I forgot most of my German, but at 85 that is understandable, I don't think you are that old yet.
But the spirit was good, so thank you for the announcement. The ranks are getting thin.
H.N.
joined forum early spring of 2002 as Haen- posts: legio :-)

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think !
Franz Repper
Supporter

Re: Ruhe in Freiden

Post by Franz Repper »

haen2 wrote:Hi Franz,
If you wish to use German terms, please make yourself comfortable with the right spelling.
Ruhe in FRIEDE ( pronounced Freede) , NOT Freiden which would be pronounced Fraaiden, or Friden .
I forgot most of my German, but at 85 that is understandable, I don't think you are that old yet.
But the spirit was good, so thank you for the announcement. The ranks are getting thin.
H.N.
Thank you for the correction that is the only way we will learn ,
Denn jedem Kämpfer gibt ein Gott den Kameraden bei