Another Veteran is silent

German Veterans, vet accounts, MIA searches, KIA info, and on relatives who served.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

RMB

Another Veteran is silent

Post by RMB »

Hienrich Thomschke, Sturmann, Wound badge in Silver, Westland Regiment, 2 co Wiking Div has passed away.

First enlisted and assigned to Westland Regiment in 1943 he was ultimately assigned to Wiking Division. He was on his way to Cherkassy as a replacment when the units there were encircled and was then diverted to Tarnopol. When assigned to Panzers he was first a loader then promoted to the role of gunner. He was active in garrison dutry there, battles north of Warsaw, Budapest ( Conrad 1 and 2) and lastly near Westphalia where he was captured under bitter circumstances. The war service was followed by 1.5 years of internment with the French and then Americans.
haen2
WWII Vet

Re: Another Veteran is silent

Post by haen2 »

Rest in Peace Heinrich !. i did not know you, but the ranks are getting empty, so good luck on your next phase of your journey through eternity, Kamerad.
Each day i wake up, I am thankfull for another one; each day I also ask my self will this be the day ?
So what's left over is 'Carpe Diem" (pluck the day)
H.N.
joined forum early spring of 2002 as Haen- posts: legio :-)

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think !