HaEn's book

German Veterans, vet accounts, MIA searches, KIA info, and on relatives who served.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

Mansal D

HaEn's book

Post by Mansal D »

I am wondering (from any forum member who knows, but maybe HaEn will post too!) where / if I can find HaEn's book? I remember hearing that the release was soon and I sure hope that I will read it someday soon! :D
sebastian
Contributor

Re: HaEn's book

Post by sebastian »

im hoping that too,and i prefer to read it in his own language,dutch :-)

Sebastian
united we stand,divided we fall
haen2
WWII Vet

Post by haen2 »

I have been re-re-re-re-re-editing it ( actually dragging my feet.) :(
I am now at the last 80 pages, and want to call it quits.
I have been trying to make old memories fit with proven facts, pretty successfully i think.
My problem is that I do not want it to be seen as a history, or kriegstagesbuch. Just a story about a boy, who gets tangled up in the machinery of war, and goes from being an "anti" , to "pro" .
Another problem is that half of my family is for it, and the other half, against it.
Ït is written in English, but would not be hard to translate into Dutch ( my mother tongue).
Keep nagging me, so i will get off my lazy duff. :wink:
another problem meanwhile has been that I had been on the edge of going to Walhalla, ( seriously ill)
But i think i will stick around a little longer afterall :up:
H.N.
joined forum early spring of 2002 as Haen- posts: legio :-)

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think !
Mansal D

Post by Mansal D »

Hello HaEn,

Thank you for your response! I am glad to hear you are doing better now. At the end of the day this book your story and you should tell it however you want. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we'd just be glad to hear what you have to say - whatever it ends up being. Take care and keep with it :D
Scott Revell
Contributor

Post by Scott Revell »

I can only only agree with Mansal D comments. Tell it the way you want - dont worry what other people think or say - that will come after its published. I guess it is important to remind all that "information not shared is lost" - so if there is one reason to do it then here it is.

Glad to hear your keepign well and I am looking forward to the book - whatever format!!

Cheers

Scott
Revellations

"A Bayonet has a worker at both ends"

http://www.defendingarnhem.com
Ljotrulf

Post by Ljotrulf »

Hello HaEn
Glad to hear that you are going to stick around for a bit longer and share your experiences with us. A Dutch Wikinger who lived in the UK post war recently had his war experiences privately published posthumously by his son. A Landstorm Nederland veteran Rolf Lohmeyer (German)self-publised a booklet and of course there is Hendrik Verton's book but apart form these publications, there is little out there from Dutch volunteers or about Dutch units.
Take care
nicoH

Post by nicoH »

Hallo Huug

I am glad you are really at the finish of the long writing and endless editing of your book. I do hope it will appear soon and we all will be able to read it, as it i indeed a rare thing, a book by a dutch veteran on his experiences. Furthermore get well soon.

@ljotrulf : You mention the book published posthumously by the son of Jan M. Do you know where one can buy a copy?
Also you mention the R Lohmeyer Booklet. Do you know if this is somewhere available?

Take care and best regards

Nico
Ljotrulf

Post by Ljotrulf »

Hi Nico
I have the address of Jan M.'s son and will be writing to him this week to order my own copy of the book. Send me a personal message asap and I will mention you in my letter and ask about the son's preferred payment method etc... I received my copy of Lohmeyer's booklet directly from his and he has been dead for a number of years now. Not sure if there will be many copies of this booklet kicking about but I will have a search for my copy for the title.
Regards.
OttoMosel

Post by OttoMosel »

I am new to the forum and was intrigued upon hearing of Haen's book. I would like to know the name and how I would go about ordering said book.

Thank you

-Otto
HaEn
WWII Vet

Post by HaEn »

Hi Guys,
"Where is that book going ???' Frankly, at the moment I don't know yet either. It has been finished for some time, and short of a few last minute corrections is ready for the press.
My problem is "keeping the family happy". Some of them are happy with it, others seem to be scared That "the name" would be fount out and wound be something to be ashamed of ( or so) . never mind that I used a pseudonim "Hans van Nystein" as a nom de plume. My wife who for years has supported me to write it all down, feels it was more "catharsys" (cleansing of the soul) than meant to be an actual novel. The rest of the club is about 50/50 split.
So ? I feel like a Mugwamp. A bird sitting on the fence, with its mug on one side and its wamp on the other side, and does not know which way to fall off. Luckily one of my daughters, as well as one of my grandsons, have anounced to pick up the ball, just in case this old man suddenly croaks. Thus . . . . it WILL be published; its name will be "chameleon", but I may not see it happen.
Sorry folks, but the approval of my actions by my better half for nearly 60 years, who stood by me through thick and thin, is worth more to me that anything else.
For now, that's all.
Greetings
Hans van Nystein

p.s. I just noticed that I reverted back to Haen, from Haen2, so the number of my postings is way off.
OttoMosel

Post by OttoMosel »

Thanks for the info Haen, And as long as you keep your spirits up your book will be done in no time. And I'm sure you'll live to see it

Regards
-Otto :[]
sebastian
Contributor

Post by sebastian »

Haen,

Wij wachten allemaal vol ongeduld op kameleon,maar als jij de tijd niet rijp vind om het uit te brengen dan wachten wij nog wel even ,zodat iedereen tevreden blijft he :D

Altijd leuk om je berichtjes te lezen op het forum!
Blijf gezond en houd je goed
Groetjes
sebastian
p.s.:zeker niet vergeten te melden als het boek toch uitkomt he !!
united we stand,divided we fall
chambers
Contributor

Post by chambers »

HaEn, so sorry to hear that you have been ill. For the record I am PRO-book release, now!! Lol! It feels like I've been waiting on this book forever (not as long as you have, surely) but still. I would love to read your story.

For the record, I'm inclined to agree with your wife. "Catharsys" definately.

It was what it was and is what it is.

Much love,
Brooke