BEF - ST Valery - El Alamein - POW Stalag 4F

German Veterans, vet accounts, MIA searches, KIA info, and on relatives who served.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

jimd211545s
Supporter

BEF - ST Valery - El Alamein - POW Stalag 4F

Post by jimd211545s »

HI, I am seking information regarding my Grandfarther and his brother who both served in 385 Battery 97th Field Regt (Kent Yeomanry) Royal Artillery, They served together My Grandad George (Parsons) as a driver and his brother, my Great uncle, James as a Gunner, They were stationed in Bouzonville(?) with the BEF and were then sent in support of the 51st Highland Division and were then evacuated from St Valery, after re-equipping in the UK were sent out to the desert with the 10th Indian Division, George was taken POW and James wounded and taken POW, whilst being transported by German forces he was killed by a British Bombardment, George was transported back to Germany where he spent the rest of the war as a POW, I believe in Stalag 4F at Hartsmanndorf Chemnitz, If any one has details of their units or actions please let me know, I will update this post with more detail as I find it, as I am in the process of researching their service histories so any info would be great....Thanks jimd211545s

Private messageE-mail jimd211545s