Grossdeutschland fuhrerquartieren cuff titled portrait!rudi?

German Veterans, vet accounts, MIA searches, KIA info, and on relatives who served.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

mightythor99
Enthusiast

Grossdeutschland fuhrerquartieren cuff titled portrait!rudi?

Post by mightythor99 »

just saw this portrait on ebay germany, hard to find double cuff'd portraits! probably not known by rudi, but could be.......
http://cgi.ebay.de/Foto-Soldat-Panzer-G ... dZViewItem
I am interested in buying / trading for photo albums, photo groupings, diaries, feldpost groupings,etc, from any country in the world, any army/navy, etc, mostly 20th century!!
Rudi S.
WWII Vet

Double Cuffs

Post by Rudi S. »

I knew of the existence; however, by the time I had been assigned to the FBB, the 'Führerhauptquartier' cuff was not used anymore. During the period it was used, one could wear it only when at least 100 km away from the HQ. When I was assigned, I believe around January 1943, it was not issued anymore nor could one wear it. I am not sure whether or not one could keep the FHQ cuffband - most likely they had to be turned in.
Best regards,
Rudi S.
mightythor99
Enthusiast

thanks for posting rudi!

Post by mightythor99 »

see, to you, these kinds of comments are worthless, but it is all kinds of comments like these, that help us as historians. even if you dont think it matters, actually, it does matter to a lot of us. much more then you, being expected to defend the SS's participation in some event, or expecting you to know exactly how many model 35 bergmann's were issued to each infantry unit,..........etc,.............
it pisses me off to see someone jump you because of a comment you make about something...........after all, much of what we know is from who we have talked to, or read,....and we ALL know,.........that NOTHING ever printed could possibly be bull xhit,.....right?? ;-)
:up: :up:
hope you have a happy holiday season!!
:D
I am interested in buying / trading for photo albums, photo groupings, diaries, feldpost groupings,etc, from any country in the world, any army/navy, etc, mostly 20th century!!