The Amazing Vanishing Thread...

German Veterans, vet accounts, MIA searches, KIA info, and on relatives who served.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

Jock
Associate

The Amazing Vanishing Thread...

Post by Jock »

Hi all,

Earlier today there was a thread from a new member called Explorer, who was looking for info on his father. The thread has disapeared, as has his user account, and the PM's I had with him.

Threads vanishing has happened here before, its a bit odd though - does anyone know the technical reason for this? Or is it just a server glitch? Explorer, If you read this, please re-register and post again. The disapearance of your thread and account were a hiccup, nothing personal!

Cheers,
Jock
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

I'm not sure, but it wasn't me! I know that!
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

Me niether. I warn folks and close a thread before deletion. Doesn't sound like there was anything objectionable in that thread anyway and Moderators don't have the power to read or delete PMs.

Best,
~D, the EviL
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
Jock
Associate

Post by Jock »

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your replies, but I'd like to stress in now way did I think it was done by our friendly neighbourhood mods. Just wanted to draw attention to the bug, and make sure Explorer knew he had done nothing wrong, I thought he may have got that impression, being new to the forum, and not aware of this technical glitch.

Looking forward to joining up with you Tom, to defeat the red menace... :wink:

Better watch myself with comments like that though, or I may end up as one very dead forum hero, very soon!

Cheers,
Jock
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

Hey! Watch that "Red Menace" stuff! I'm convinced this is a "Capitalist" bug! :D :D :D

I mean Microsoft=Capitalism, right?

Very Best,
~D, the EviL
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....