Happy Veterans Day

German Veterans, vet accounts, MIA searches, KIA info, and on relatives who served.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

David

Happy Veterans Day

Post by David »

:wink: I just wanted to wish all the veterans from all over the world a happy veterans day. Thanks you for your service and insperation to us all.

God bless, David
'Es geht wieder los'
HaEn
WWII Vet

Re: Happy Veterans Day

Post by HaEn »

David wrote::wink: I just wanted to wish all the veterans from all over the world a happy veterans day. Thanks you for your service and insperation to us all.

God bless, David
Thank you David, but as you probably will realize, for most of us Vets this day is not necessarily a "happy day". Remembering falled comrades is quite sombering. I also do SALUTE veterans of all armies, fighting for their country; including former adversaries.
We did what we had to do, and did it mosttimes to the best of our abilities.
Thanks again for the thought; I understand your frame of mind. Regards./ HN.
David

Veterns

Post by David »

Your correct HaEn, I stand corrected. I am not a Veteran myself so I can not say how you would feel, but I have several relatives that have, and I can only be thankful that they came back alive. But I can only feel sadness for all the losses that happened on all sides in all wars. We can not thank the ones who served enough.

David
'Es geht wieder los'
Rudi S.
WWII Vet

Re: Happy Veterans Day

Post by Rudi S. »

David wrote::wink: I just wanted to wish all the veterans from all over the world a happy veterans day. Thanks you for your service and insperation to us all.

God bless, David
Hello David,
thanks for your thoughtfulness. I agree with HaEn but I am grateful to you that you think about us veterans. I believe that you are the only one who thought of us today.
A couple of hours ago, I replied to your msg but apparently did not register. I mentioned that in Germany, when I lived there, we celebrated on this day the Waffenstillstandstag of the First World
War ("the war that ended all wars - so we were told then"). BTW, I am sure you know that WWI ended on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918 [we were told that it exactly was 11 minutes after 11 AM(?)].
Again, many thanks for remembering all veterans,
Rudi S.
joscha
WWII Vet

Vewterans Day

Post by joscha »

Thanks for the kind words. Rudi S. and HaEn said it better than I could. It was never easy, regardless what uniform you wore and what job you had.

So, let me say this as a toast:

Absent friends; may their souls finally rest in peace.

Joscha
Marko 7-19

More thoughts than you know

Post by Marko 7-19 »

Hello Rudi .. how have you been keeping?

Although David may have been the thoughtful one to put it in writing, if I may say, he writes for many of us. Rest assured that there are more than one who's thoughts are with you on Remembrance/Veteran's Day.

In fact, during our conversations yesterday, my father and I were discussing the different designs of tanks. Your name came up when we reflected on the Sturmgeschütz :wink: . We hope that you are well!

All the best,
Marko 7-19