Ehrenblattspange Oberleutnant Kurt Schwerdt

Individual German officers, soldiers and award holders.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

RalfAnton62

Ehrenblattspange Oberleutnant Kurt Schwerdt

Post by RalfAnton62 »

I work on the memoiers of Kurt Schwerdt, who is in age of 84 years. His own memory has lacked in the years. He is possibile the only one german officer with no hands.

For this I search now any additional information on the following points of Interest:

A) On 5. of March 1945 Oberleutnant Kurt Schwerdt received the Roll of Honour Clasp. Any more Details ?

B) Photos ? Copy of Roll of Honour Clasp for this date ?

C) Kurt was a few Month in the "Infanterieschule Döberitz" under command of Oberst Berger (the later General) did anyone have Photos of Lothar Berger out of the time when he was CO of the Infanterieschule Döberitz ?

Any help would be appreciate.

Best Thanks

Ralf Anton Schäfer

PS.: Anyone here ho knews Mr. Peter Geiger ? He is the son of Herman Egid Geiger, who was killed during the battle of the Bulge.
RalfAnton62

Also Kurt Schwerdt...

Post by RalfAnton62 »

In April 45 Kurt was nominate for the KC by his last commander Oberst Arthur Jüttner. Did anyone have further details ?

Thanks again.

Ralf Anton Schäfer
RalfAnton62

Albert, Commanding Officer of 7th, later 11th CO/ 66th Regt.

Post by RalfAnton62 »

I have worked through a couple af Papers along the day. Among these papers are also a few fieldpostletters. Some of them were signed from a officer called with first name Albert; sorry I have no Lastname. Kurt mentioned, that he earns later the Knights Cross (?)...

In one of his letters to Kurt, dated 4th Sept. 1941, he writes, that he lead one week the sevent and after returning of Lt. Birkeloh (?) he take over the 11th Company.

Has some one of you any idea who this Albert could be ?

Perhaps someone has more detailed infos about the 66th Regt.

Please try to help, Help is needed so much...

Best regards and best wishes...

Ralf Anton Schäfer