Army NCO's and the Close Combat Clasp question.

Individual German officers, soldiers and award holders.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

krichter33
Enthusiast

Army NCO's and the Close Combat Clasp question.

Post by krichter33 »

Does anyone have any information if the following NCO's, who won the Oakleaves, won any level of the Close Combat Clasp?
Fritz Arndt, Heinrich Boigk, Georg Bonk, Helmuth Borchardt, Martin Hrustak, Emil Kaminsky, Josef Karl, Willi Koch, Alfred Matern, Walter Moese, Hubert Pilarski, Benno Reuter, Georg Rietscher, Rudolf Schlee, Josef Schreiber, Johann Schwerdfeger, Hans Strippel, Gustav Stuhmer, Walter Suss, Ferdinand Wegerer, and especially: BRUNO KOHNZ, and ERNST KRUSE. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Klaus Richter
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

Re: Army NCO's and the Close Combat Clasp question.

Post by Doktor Krollspell »

Hello Klaus!

Have you cross-checked http://www.ritterkreuztraeger-1939-45.de for information? A quick glance showed both Bonk and Kruse with the Nahkampfspange and I'm sure several of the others on your list are there as well...

Regards,

Krollspell
"Wie es eigentlich gewesen ist"
Leopold von Ranke (1795-1886)
krichter33
Enthusiast

Re: Army NCO's and the Close Combat Clasp question.

Post by krichter33 »

I've checked a lot of sources, yet most of the information is gathered from photographs of the recipients, however I was curious if any won the ccc or highter levels later on. In a number of cases the recipient is not listed as winning a CCC, yet in a photograph they show them wearing a CCC in Bronze. My main question has to with how many of these NCOs who are not listed as winning a CCC, actually did, and if any that did win a CCC in Bronze might have won one in silver. The most interesting case for me is Ernst Kruse. He is not listed as winning any CCC, yet there are photographs of him wearing on in Bronze. Then, to confuse things even more, one ritterkreuztrager website says he won the CCC in Silver? That is why this topic is rather confusing for me. I am researching all the NCOs in the Wehrmacht who won the Oakleaves or higher, and that is why this information is important. Thanks.
Klaus Richter