Rudi Hörnke

Individual German officers, soldiers and award holders.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Helmut
Patron

Rudi Hörnke

Post by Helmut »

Servus,
When I was stationed in Berin in the 1970s I made some very good friends in the Kameradschaft Bräuer, the Berlin Fallschirmjäger Veterans group. One of the vererans was a man named Rudi Hörnke. Several of the veterans and Rudi himself told me that he, Rudi, was a Knights Cross recipient in the last days of the war. I have ben unable to find any trace of this award and since Rudi seemed to be somewhat prone to exageration, I am inclined to doubt his claim. Having heard that he recently died, I feel it is now safe to further research his claim. He was allegedly assigned to the Fallschirmjäger Lehr Regiment and also claimed to have taken part in the Gran Sasso action. Does anyone have any information that can confirm or refute this man's claim to be a RK recipient?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

helmut
Tolga Alkan
Supporter

Post by Tolga Alkan »

Hello,

I checked the complete list of RK holder from Fallschrimjager.His name not listed in there(http://www.eagle19.freeserve.co.uk/winners.htm).As well as he is also not listed in Das-Ritterkreuz website.

So it could be same situation that some of the German soldiers were awarded Ritterkreuz during the last days of war;however,their award were not written to offical documents.His award could be given to him rapidly for his success at the front.

Keeping in my mind,there is some other doubtful holders of RK who received or claimed their awards during the last days of war.
The only laws of matter are those our mind must fabricate,And the only laws of mind are fabricated by matter.