103 Pz Bde Dec 1944

German unit histories, lineages, OoBs, ToEs, commanders, fieldpost numbers, organization, etc.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

Roger Griffiths
Associate

Post by Roger Griffiths »

Hi Hans,

Looks like the KrGl. I saw, but did not obtain copy, was from January '45. I have not got page 113 KrGl. 4March (16PD), page100 6March, no Meldungen, but I marked them as weak, or pages 115, 116 1March which I marked as medium to strong.

This looks like a suitable case for further study.

Roger
FX10

Re:

Post by FX10 »

Hello,

your forum and the articels are very interesting.

Unfortunatelly I have no information on the operations in January/February 1945.

But I hope to get information about the Panzerjägerkompanie "Gekeller". I am sure that the this Kompanie was part of the 16. VGD in April 1945. I also know that the farmer "Schnelle Abteilung 602" (in April 1945 Divisions-Füsilier-Bataillon 1316) was part of the 16. VGD in April 1945. The Panzerjägerkompanie Gekeller was equipped with Hetzers in this time.

I am looking for information about the detail structur of the 16. VGD. Was the Panzerjägerkompanie Gekeller part of the Divisions-Füsilier-Bataillon 1316 or the Panzerjägerabteilung 1316? Are there any document or other information about the insidents between April, 9th 1945 and April, 19th 1945 in the area of Großglattbach, Pinache, Wiernsheim, Dürrmenz (Tannenberg) and Nussdorf?

Thanks for your support! Don't hesitate to contact me for further questions.

Cheers,
Till
Hans Weber wrote:Hello Roger.

Gerhard Heuther was Kdr of the 553. VGD and KG Lüttichau under Hannibal von Lüttichau's Kampfgruppe was in support of this unit in Jan 45. in the Alsace with Armeegruppe RFSS or Oberrhein during the Gambesheim, Drusenheim, Herrlisheim operations. It consisted of again the lonely P4 Kp of II./Rgt 2, this time reinforced with two Kp of Hetzers instead of Nashorns. I think the two Hetzer Kp were identical with the "Panz. Jg.Kp. RF-SS Bgl. Btl" (I suppose the specially trainined elite infantry battalion used for the Rhine crossing mentioned in a footnote in Engler's "The Final Crisis", Armeegruppe Oberrhein was commanded by Himmler, so the RF-SS fits and it is not identical to the Division with the same name, I think) and the Panzerjägerkompanie "Gekeller". So I think that is what your Gliederung is about. The units of Pz Brigade 103 seem to have become KG Lüttichau once the Brigade Stab was recalled. Does anybody have more on the above mentioned Hetzer Kompanien? I have seen them again in a listing of Heeres Panz Jg Abt in April 45. Panz.Jg.Kp. RF-SS Bgl. Btl is also called "Kuscher". Must be its commander, right?

Cheers
Hans
Hans Weber
Enthusiast

Re: 103 Pz Bde Dec 1944

Post by Hans Weber »

Hello

I now have the Gliederungsbild Roger was referring to. It could indeed be that the three Pz.Jg.Kp Bock, Pankow and Lang were at the basis of the II./Pz.Rgt 2 as also 7./Pz.Rgt was having one Panzerjäger 38. The other two Kompanien were numbered 1. and 2./Pz.Rgt. 2 and equipped with Panzerjäger 38. The account on PR 2 published on Lexikon der Wehrmacht confirms the attribution of two , not three Hetzer Kompanien, however. The Begleit Btl. RF-SS didn't have Pzj. 38 listed and the connection with "Gekeler" remains dubious. Any clues?

Cheers
Hans
Roger Griffiths
Associate

I've saved a draft reply but can't see the 'post' button.............help!

Roger
Roger Griffiths
Associate

Hans Weber wrote:Hello

I now have the Gliederungsbild Roger was referring to. It could indeed be that the three Pz.Jg.Kp Bock, Pankow and Lang were at the basis of the II./Pz.Rgt 2 as also 7./Pz.Rgt was having one Panzerjäger 38. The other two Kompanien were numbered 1. and 2./Pz.Rgt. 2 and equipped with Panzerjäger 38. The account on PR 2 published on Lexikon der Wehrmacht confirms the attribution of two , not three Hetzer Kompanien, however. The Begleit Btl. RF-SS didn't have Pzj. 38 listed and the connection with "Gekeler" remains dubious. Any clues?

Cheers
Hans
I think Piet deserves any credit. However, Stab u. stabs-Kp II, 5, 6, 7 and Vers. Kp./Panz Regt 2 had been detached from 16PD before end of November 1944. 5, 6, and 7 Kp. before end of October. Anyone seen the panzer transfer lists for 16PD? Presumably, the usual happened, the 14 PzIV in each of 5, 6 and 7 Kp. were transferred to other unit(s) on Eastern Front, the personnel were sent West and re-equipped. Hans, now you kave the KrGl. it says II/PR2? I had no other information.

FBB? I thought panzers were from PR GD and Stug. Abt. 200.

Best Wishes,

Roger