Eisenbahn Pioniere Regt 3 was set up on April 1, 1940. The regiment was set up by renaming the largest part of the Eisenbahn Pioniere Regt 68 as an army group to 2 battalions with 4 companies each. The regimental home town was Rehagen, and the Second Battalion was based at Sperenberg. The Regimentstab was at the same time also Grukodeis B.
On 11th September 1940, the regimental staff was then appointed to the Gruccodeis A while maintaining its regimental leadership. On September 15th, 1940, the staff of the 1st and 2nd battalions formed the staffs of the Eisenbahn Pioniere Regiments 5 and 7 . The two battalion bars were replaced by the Eisenbahn-Pionierstab 13 and the Eisenbahn-Pionierstab 22.
The regiment was deployed in Southern Russia between 1942 and 1944. In the spring of 1943, the railway construction battalion 106 with a 5th Turkestan Company and a machine train, eg, 1, was subordinated to the regiment. Already in the autumn of 1943 the regiment had only the staff and the machine-train, for instance, in the regiment, probably the 5th (Turkest) company was dissolved. The regiment was in the Crimea in May 1944. Towards the end of the war 1944-45, the staff and the 1st Battalion were placed under the command of Army Group G in the West. The Second Battalion was deployed in Northern Italy with the Chief Commander Southwest under Army Group C.
WW2 Battlefield Relics: