Aufklärungskommando

German unit histories, lineages, OoBs, ToEs, commanders, fieldpost numbers, organization, etc.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

tomi

Aufklärungskommando

Post by tomi »

Hello

Was there Aufklärungskommando units for various purposes ?

I have an faint memory of something about 300 and 600 series of units.

What was the idea of numbering systems. Is there difference of use of units of various series ?

Tomi
Simon H
Associate

Re: Aufklärungskommando

Post by Simon H »

Hello Tomi,

Can you be a little more specific in what you are asking for. For example, Aufklarüngs (Recon) units existed in the Luftwaffe as well as in the ground troops of the Heer & Waffen SS. What does your question relate to exactly,

Kind regards,
Simon
Simon Harrold

WW2 Battlefield Relics: German Erkennungsmarken decoded.
tomi

Post by tomi »

Hello

I mean recon units of the Abwher, I have read ( and get some new information from few induvidials) that there were three series of unit 100, 200 and 300 series. Some of them work conjuction with SS Jagdwerbande units. I understand that the numbers ment specification of units area of work ( counter espionage, sabotage and so on). Any new or specific information ?

Tomi
Lorenz
Patron

Post by Lorenz »

Basically, the 100-series units were for intelligence gathering, i.e., setting up agent networks, inserting moles in enemy resistance groups, spying, etc. The 200-series units were for sabotage and commando operations behind enemy lines. The 300-series units were for counterintelligence, i.e., uncovering enemy agents working on German military installations, finding enemy spies in German units, etc.

Lorenz
tomi

Post by tomi »

Hello

Thank you for you answer

Tomi