help identifying unit 7/II Mo

German unit histories, lineages, OoBs, ToEs, commanders, fieldpost numbers, organization, etc.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

Terry

help identifying unit 7/II Mo

Post by Terry »

Hello: I have a soldbuch of a grenadier with Panzer grenadier regiment 60 and then later in 1944 with panzer grenadier ausb btl 60. On Sept 28-44 he rec'd the wound badge while with Panzer grenadier ers and ausb batl 60. On April 20-45 he was awarded the EKII and the unit is noted as 7.II/Mo, and the signature has the title Zugf. A somewhat official handwritten note was inside the soldbuch flap dated April 25-45 with unit at the top left listed as 7/II Mo (F.S.3 Lundfut). The Lundfut could be wrong as it is hard to decipher but the rest is correct. The title is something the ends with "Gung" but it does not appear to be the release paper title but I could be wrong. It has the grenadier's name in the short body of the note and at the bottom a signature with title
something, then "ofw u Zugfuhrer". The semi formal handwritten note is only 3 lines long and written on informal lined paper that looks like it was just cut from other longer paper. Is this unit a volkssturm unit and would an experienced panzer grenadier of rank unteroffizier and as of Oct 44, fahnenjunker, be assigned to a volkssturm unit at the end of the war and be subordinate to a zugfuhrer? Any help with this unit identification number and information how he may have ended up with those notations in his soldbuch and on the semi formal inserted paper would be appreciated. Any ideas of what this paper is would be appreciated. Also any info on where the unit may have been near the end would also be appreciated. It is definately a new one for me.
fridgeman
Supporter

Re: help identifying unit 7/II Mo

Post by fridgeman »

Hello!

The best you can do, scan the pages you refer to, and let us have a look. Im quite experienced in making
out old handwritings, and some other users on this board are even more experienced. Im sure together
we can make out the text, and if you know 100% what it says, im sure someone can help you and name the unit.
Terry

Re: help identifying unit 7/II Mo

Post by Terry »

Thank you. I have never attached a photo but will give it a try.