Looking for reports

German unit histories, lineages, OoBs, ToEs, commanders, fieldpost numbers, organization, etc.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

RomanZ

Looking for reports

Post by RomanZ »

Hi,
I am looking for dayli, weekly or monthly situation reports from this units for period 1-4/1945:
304. Infanterie-division
253. Infanterie-division
4. Gebirgs-division
3. Gebirgs-division
987. Landeschutzen bataillon
888. Landeschutzen bataillon
543. Landeschutzen bataillon
320. Volksgrenadier-Division
78. Volksgrenadier-Division / Volks-Sturm-Division
Grenadier-(Führernachwuchs-)Regiment 1243
Thank you lot of.
Last question: Where I can find sketch of the defense this unit for this period? :D
RomanZ

Re: Looking for reports

Post by RomanZ »

...peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaas :wink:
MadDog
Associate

Post by MadDog »

Assuming you mean Jan-April, 1945, there are very few field commands records left. I would look into the online resources and determine which superior (corps, army, army group) HQ commanded each of these units. Once you know that, go to www.sturmpanzer.com and look through the NARA guides to see what records exists. Then, go to the BAMA online index and what else is out there.

Dont expect much - there isnt much left.

Mad Dog
RomanZ

Post by RomanZ »

Thanx man. I will try it :[]
RomanZ

reports

Post by RomanZ »

So, in NARA all informations about units above, was ending about 1944 year. Do you think, that info after this year about those units was captured by Red army, and they are in russian military archiv, now? :roll:
MadDog
Associate

Post by MadDog »

The Russians have records from German units. The extent is unknown, but a well known author tells me he has laid eyes on an Army KTB , but not allowed to touch or copy.

Getting those records, from what I hear, is literally impossible, unless you are a high ranking general in the Russian army. Or Vladimir Putin.

Mad Dog
Richard Schoutissen
Associate

Post by Richard Schoutissen »

MadDog wrote:The Russians have records from German units. The extent is unknown, but a well known author tells me he has laid eyes on an Army KTB , but not allowed to touch or copy.

Getting those records, from what I hear, is literally impossible, unless you are a high ranking general in the Russian army. Or Vladimir Putin.

Mad Dog
I had the same experience with the Russian State Military Archive, at one time I had a archive/file number that I would like to read and perhaps to copy but they told me they didn't have that file. Strange enough I already had a copy of a small part regarding this particular file from the same archive.

The Russian archive is a goldmine to bad that lots of documents are not public, they would also have some documents regarding Panzer-Brigade 107 I would like to read !!!
RomanZ

Post by RomanZ »

I know, that everything from WW2 in russian archuve is marked like SECRET. And this is biggest problem :D
...but at this time some documents was declasified. On internet I found many documents from 1941, some documents from fight in Berlin. Maybe one day ... :[]
If I will succeed I write to you. I know little bit russian, maybe it will be my advantage :D
MadDog
Associate

Post by MadDog »

If you can get access to the German file side of TsAMO, you will be a hero to many people. Just getting a list of what they have would be a miracle. While the TsAMO website has some information and new files, its all Russian material, which is impossible for me to read........

Mad Dog
RomanZ

Post by RomanZ »

I know, that ЦАМО РФ (TsAMO) Centralnyj archiv Ministerstva oborony Russkoj federacii is golden grail for historians and explorers. :D
...At this time I know, that they haven´t an e-mail, and they doing only with visitors (better organisations). But I am looking for maniac on russian forums, which do it for me and money :up:
Kamen Nevenkin
Contributor

Post by Kamen Nevenkin »

There are two types of Axis documents (German, Bulgarian, Rumanian, etc.) held in the Russian military archive in Podolsk: translated in Russian and originals. The most important documents were translated right after the war; those of less significance are not even catalogued yet. The guide for the translated Axis documents contains 810 items. If I'm in a good mood I might decide to post it here.

Sincerely yours,
Vladimir Putin
MadDog
Associate

Post by MadDog »

Dear Vladimir Putin,

I volunteer to hum happy songs until it puts you in a good mood, if thats what it takes.

thanks,

Mad Dog
RomanZ

Post by RomanZ »

Mad Dog,
I am thinking, that we can make a chorus to sing happy song for Vladimír. :D
What do you think Vladimír?