kfz Instandsetzungsgruppe

German unit histories, lineages, OoBs, ToEs, commanders, fieldpost numbers, organization, etc.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

ericv
Enthusiast

kfz Instandsetzungsgruppe

Post by ericv »

Hi all,

According to http://www.wwiidaybyday.com/kstn/kstn11751nov41.htm, a Kfz Instandsetzungsgruppe was part of a mittlere Panzerkompanie.

I am building that gruppe on a 1:35 scale and was wondering what kind of markings the vehicles would have that were in the gruppe. I tried Leo Niehorster's site, but the tactical symbols there only go to Zug-level.

I hope someone can help with this.

Best EV
Christoph Awender
Patron

Re: kfz Instandsetzungsgruppe

Post by Christoph Awender »

Hello

There are no specific markings for this group. They have the same tactical marking as the Panzerkompanie. Some photos show these vehicles marked with the letter "I" on the door or window or show a small sign "Instandsetzungstrupp" etc...

/Christoph
ericv
Enthusiast

Post by ericv »

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for your reply. It raises another question though: Should the tanks themselves also have this tactical marking somewhere on them? On the models I have from Tamiya and Dragon there is no mention of them.

(by the way: I was pointed to your site a couple of months ago and your KstN section is really very good. It has given me a detailed understanding of Zug and Gruppe level organisation of the German Army. )

regards Eric
Christoph Awender
Patron

Post by Christoph Awender »

Hello

Yes, tanks should also have these tactical markings.. in theory. In reality they were very seldom marked like that.. because where else than in a tank company a tank should be. But there are also photos with the tactical marking although on tanks themselves they were usually not painted on.

/Christoph
ericv
Enthusiast

Post by ericv »

thanks again Christoph. !

:up:

Greetings Eric