Help on this rank

German unit histories, lineages, OoBs, ToEs, commanders, fieldpost numbers, organization, etc.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

keorn

Help on this rank

Post by keorn »

hello guys could you help me out with this ?

Stb.Kp.d.Waff.-SS b.R.S.H.A.

What does it mean (except for waffen SS) I don't know what unit the bearer of this title belonged to...

Thank you very much

Greg
John Kilmartin
Contributor

Post by John Kilmartin »

Hi Greg,
Try posting it under translation requests, from looking at http://www.feldgrau.com/ranks.html that doesn't seem like a rank to me but rather an appointment. That is to say the person holds a position eg chief of the office where they decide the colour of campaign ribbons.
Cheers,
John K
' Strip war of the mantle of its glories and excitement, and it will disclose a gibbering ghost of pain , grief, dissappointment and despair'
keorn

Thanks again John

Post by keorn »

Hey john,

Thank you very much ofr your help. It seems my search slowly progress even though my understanding of the Sipo-SD organisation is a bit more clearer everyday.

I think I should soon get the answers to my questions :wink:

Greg
Paulus II
Patron

Post by Paulus II »

Hi Keorn,

Are you sure it is related to a person and that it isn't a unit?
I ask because to the best of my knowledge the abbreviation would fit: Stabs-Kompanie-der-Waffen SS beim Reichs-Sicherheits-Haupt-Amt.
Now, I haven't been able to confirm the existance of this specific unit but I have found a Stabs-Kompanie-der-Waffen-SS with another of the 12 SS-Hauptamte, Volksdeutsche Mittelteile. I presume that this was a sort of liaison unit for the Wafen-SS within this Hauptamt but I'm not sure of this.

Not sure if my post is worth anything but maybe (and hopefully) it can point you in the right direction.

Whatever it may turn it out to be please post the answer you find! Most curious now!

Best regards,

Paul
keorn

kohl

Post by keorn »

Thank you Paul.

I sure will let you know when I get the details...

:wink:

Greg
dnl-panzerschreck

Post by dnl-panzerschreck »

Stabskompanie der Waffen-SS beim Reichssicherheitshauptamt?
Schultz
Contributor

Post by Schultz »

yes