Feldersatz-Bataillonen

German unit histories, lineages, OoBs, ToEs, commanders, fieldpost numbers, organization, etc.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

Leo Niehorster
Author

Re: Feldersatz-Bataillonen

Post by Leo Niehorster »

FEB Equipment
KStN 2301a dated 20.03.1942 “Feldersatzbataillon für 90. le. Afrika Division” shows the weapons by types, not models. The 3. Kp shows only 3 HMG and 3 medium mortars with any further identification The 4. (Geschütz) Kp. has no weapons at all, and the equipment is only featured in the KAN, which I do not have. I seem to remember reading somewhere that the various units of the division to which the FEB belonged provided the equipment — which makes sense, as these replacements were basically already trained men, just not necessarily on the same types and models as the division had.

Regarding FEB Afrika 10
:
I gave you all I found in Tessin. Don't have any further info.

FEB 33 and 200 vs. 598 and 599 FEB
:
Tessin notes that the 200. FEB was raised in "Spring" 1941 in Africa and that the 33. FEB came to Africa with the 15. PzDiv, These unit were both destroyed in May 1943 in Tunisia. He gives no indication of nomenclature changes. In any event, the DAK Kriegsgliederung (order of battle diagrams) for winter 1941/42 period show that all four FEB existed at the same time.

Regards
Leo
Information not passed on is lost.
URL: World War II Armed Forces
David W
Patron

Post by David W »

Perfect! Thanks again. :D
Thanks. Dave.
David W
Patron

Post by David W »

What is the earliest that we can place FEB 598 & 599 in North Africa please?
Thanks. Dave.