Unit emblems

German unit histories, lineages, OoBs, ToEs, commanders, fieldpost numbers, organization, etc.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

Adam
Supporter

Unit emblems

Post by Adam »

Hi guys,
Was after some help with two unit emblems. I have seen both used as avatars here and so I went through the ones available on this site and found them, but there titles didn't exactly help...

The first is a walking white elephant with its trunk raised. The title listed is that of 'Stgbrig203'. The second is a plain yellow palm tree on a white shield with the title '5leia'... all gibberish to me.

If anyone could put units to these I would be most appreciative.

Adam
Nibelung
Patron

Post by Nibelung »

The one with the elephant must be somekind of an independant unit, which was probably subordinate to some other formation.

The 5.lei.Div. means 5. Leichte Division, which was one of the original units of the Deutches Afrikakorps (besides 15. Panzer Division) when Rommel arrived in Africa in 1941.

hope this helps..

best,
Nibelung
There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people. - Heinz Guderian
-- Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago. --
SvenW
Contributor

Post by SvenW »

Stgbrig203 means Sturmgeschütz-Brigade 203 I think.

Build up in feb. ´41 in Jüterbog with three batteries as Sturmartillerie-Abteilung 203, renamed in Sturmgeschütz-Abteilung 203, since feb. ´44 ...-Brigade.
(Lexikon-der-Wehrmacht.de)
Adam
Supporter

Post by Adam »

Many thanks, guys
mightythor99
Enthusiast

5th light and 203rd stug

Post by mightythor99 »

I am interested in buying / trading for photo albums, photo groupings, diaries, feldpost groupings,etc, from any country in the world, any army/navy, etc, mostly 20th century!!
cpa95
Contributor

Post by cpa95 »

Hi,

the unit emblem:
http://www.die-sturmartillerie.com/203.htm

Greetings
Thomas
Das Studium der Tagesmeldungen der Heeresgruppen ist mühseliger als die Lösung eines Kreuzworträtsels (Guderian 4.2.45)