First look “Streets of Stalingrad 4” game map! (Mid-2017)
SOS Version 3 Here: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/120 ... rd-edition
Lombardy Studios (Dana Lombardy) and 626 Designs (Russell Schulke) hosted SOS4 presentations at Winterfest (2015 & 2016) and the World Boardgaming Championships (2015). Look for crowdfunding project in the first quarter of 2017.
Some of the items that were covered:
• Major revision to the map graphics.
• Major expansion of the map size (now includes the Volga River east bank.)
• Major revision to counters layout with a new streamlined color coding system.
• Major corrections to the Soviet order of battle via the Tsentral'nyi Arkhiv Ministerstva Oborony RF (TsAMO) [central archive of the ministry of defense Russian Federation].
• Major corrections to the Soviet counter symbology.
• Major expansion of riverine units (including Volga Military Flotilla, Lower Volga River Steamship Company and the “Volgatanker” Company)
• Expansion of the air war
• New units (Fallschirmjäger, night witches, blocking detachments and footbridges)
• New weapons (Flamethrower tanks, Henschel HS-129 ground attack aircraft, riverine mines and ampulomets)
• New rules (Riverine mining, blocking detachments, and heroes counters)
• Two new scenarios (Race to the Volga / Rynok: the last assault)
• Plus ... 30 years of research being added and correcting previous editions.