Svatováclavskà Dobrovolnická Rota
The unit was established March 5, 1945 by Reichsprotektor Karl Hermann Frank. It was the first and last Czech unit of SS. The created for different purposes and planned to have about 1,000 men. Around 80 men joined.
The unit was sent to a training center at Čeperka close Unhoště. The training was conducted by German officers, the highest Czech officer Eduard Chalupa. Volunteers were armed with rifles, a machine gun and grenades. Instead of uniforms they had only blue sweatpants and a jacket. The only equipment from the SS was camouflage clothing and boots.
The morale in the dressing dropped soon. The uprising in Prague began on 5 May and was led by rebels from Kladno. SS force was attacked by rebel strength and portions tried to escape to the west. Many were forced to give up but about 30 men managed to enter in Pilsen and hide in the forest where US forces found them. Some of the strength probably ended up in Spain or in the Foreign Legion and participated in the Indochina War. Eduard Chalupa tried to burn some documents on the dressing before his arrest. He was then sentenced to prison and died in prison in 1960.
This article coming from: www.war2war.wordpress.com