HistoricalConflicts.com

Related website information, updates, questions, links, etc.
HCF

HistoricalConflicts.com

Post by HCF »

Greetings,

I have been running a swedish military history forum since 2004. It started as a WII forum but later developed into a broader field (www.krigsforum.se). It has almost 4000 members. Recently I opened an english version of this site as well which is now up and running. So if anyone feels like being one of the first members to help build the forum from the start you are very much welcome. This is a serious project and I am well aware of how hard it can be to make people interested in yet another forum, but I am willing to give it a shot. I believe in it and I think it has a lot of potential.

You can find us at: www.historicalconflicts.com/forum
statemachine
Contributor

Re: HistoricalConflicts.com

Post by statemachine »

You have a lot of guts to include a section on Arab-Israeli wars,HCF.
An unbreakable man
sebastian
Contributor

Post by sebastian »

its looking good,and covers most of the wars,good work and good luck!
sebastian
united we stand,divided we fall
HCF

Post by HCF »

Thank you! Nice to see such a warm welcome. I was afraid people would just dismiss my post as spam when in reality there is a strong passion for military history behind my invitation. I hope people will find interest in it but I know it will be hard to win hearts over because people generally alread have their favorite forums and sites. But maybe there is room for more.
You have a lot of guts to include a section on Arab-Israeli wars,HCF.
I agree, but still I am not too worried. On my swedish forum we have a section dedicated the yugoslav wars which I feared would become total chaos but with good moderators and solid rules we managed to maintain a friendly atmosphere. There must be a way to debate subjects like this without wanting to kill each other, I'm sure. Or at least I hope so.

I know the forum doesn't look too inviting at the moment since there are almost no posts or members. Maybe I can come back when things start to happen a little more.
HCF

Post by HCF »

I have made it a little more simpler now with fewer forums. I had so many in the beginning that visitors might have been confused and stressed. I hope you like it better now.
HCF

Post by HCF »

I notice people like the forum and I get a lot of positive feedback, but as always a new forum ironically needs activity to become active which is quite hard when there is no activity. So if anyone has some spear time on their hands and thinks it looks like an interesting project with at least a bit of potential, you are warmly welcome to register and write a post or two.