Axis History Forum problems?

Related website information, updates, questions, links, etc.
Heimatschuss

Re: Axis History Forum problems?

Post by Heimatschuss »

Hi,
Are there problems with AHF again?
They went down around midnight GMT last night and have not resurfaced so far.

Let's hope it'll soon be up and running again.

All the best
Torsten
Benoit Douville
Contributor

Post by Benoit Douville »

A fire? Where is the firefighters? lol Seriously, I hope AHF will be back online really soon.

Regards
Fraulein Valkyrie

Post by Fraulein Valkyrie »

The fire was in a datacenter that hosts (among many others) the AHF server, and caused a power failure there. They are working hard at getting the power and network connections back up, at which point they'll start powering up the servers. Most importantly, none of the servers, including AHF's, were damaged.

Best,
~Vikki
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

Post by Doktor Krollspell »

Fraulein Valkyrie wrote:Most importantly, none of the servers, including AHF's, were damaged.
Thanks for the good news Fräulein! :D

Patient regards,

Krollspell 8)
"Wie es eigentlich gewesen ist"
Leopold von Ranke (1795-1886)
Christian Ankerstjerne
Supporter

Post by Christian Ankerstjerne »

Just a quick update on the situation: AHF's host is currently working on getting the servers powered up again through a temporary solution. The current expectation is that this will take at least 24 hours, possibly longer if there are any unknown problems.
Andy H
Associate

Post by Andy H »

The AHF is back online
The downtime this weekend was caused by short in the electrical systems in the data center where AHF is hosted that lead to an explosion and a power failure, this ment that about 9000 (!) servers went down (no servers were damaged) and the fire department did not allow use of the backup electrical systems until the risk of further fires and explosions were ruled out. The technicians worked first on getting the power and network online and then powering up all the servers.
We are sorry about these problems but hope for your understanding.
Regards
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

And so as I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolour I must fear evil, For I am but mortal and mortals can only die
Beppo Schmidt
Associate

Post by Beppo Schmidt »

I haven't been able to get on AHF for a few months now, whenever I have tried. Don't know if something is just wrong with my computer or what.
David W
Patron

Post by David W »

Beppo.
Neither could I. But eventually Marcus sent me an e-mail to enquire of my well being. I explained to him the problem (which sounds the same as you are experiencing) and was back on-line within 24 hours.
Thanks. Dave.
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

I think, like here, a small number of accounts went "inactive" during the migration to V.3 of the forum software.
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

Beppo Schmidt wrote:I haven't been able to get on AHF for a few months now, whenever I have tried. Don't know if something is just wrong with my computer or what.
It's probably "or what".

PK
Beppo Schmidt
Associate

Post by Beppo Schmidt »

Ok, I got onto AHF at work with no problem, but can't get on it from either my laptop or PC.
Leo Niehorster
Author

Post by Leo Niehorster »

I am having problems accessing AHF.
  1. If I can access at all, the access is very slow. This has been the case for over a week.
  2. Sometimes I get an SQL error when accessing. Today, for example.
  3. Othertimes I get an "upgrading" notification. Saturday, for example.
  4. Today, while trying to answer a question, I just could not get it to open the reply page/box.

Yours truly frustrated...
Leo
Information not passed on is lost.
URL: World War II Armed Forces
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

I think EVERYONE will have a problem today, looks like a database table has crashed.
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

AHF is back up again - members who have been having problems should check and see if they're still experiencing them or if this episode has cleared them.
Andy H
Associate

Post by Andy H »

Anyone having problems gaining access today?

Regards
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

And so as I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolour I must fear evil, For I am but mortal and mortals can only die