Axis History Forum problems?

Related website information, updates, questions, links, etc.
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

Post by Doktor Krollspell »

Well, let's hope for the best since it would really be a great loss if any part (especially if it's a greater part) of the vast amount of information on our Fellow Forum would be destroyed or lost. Especially if it's due to computer technicalities... :?

Hopeful regards,

Krollspell
"Wie es eigentlich gewesen ist"
Leopold von Ranke (1795-1886)
Christian Ankerstjerne
Supporter

Post by Christian Ankerstjerne »

Nobody said anything about any database being re-build. No information has been lost.
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

That's odd, I read just a short while ago the statement in this thread "they are rebuilding the database" which is why I made the comment I did. Maybe your removed it? Very odd as I no longer see that statement.

Best of luck.
Christian Ankerstjerne
Supporter

I didn't write anything like that (my original message is unaltered). Someone might have, but I couldn't find it anywhere.
Last edited by Christian Ankerstjerne on Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

Well like I said I know for a fact I saw the comment "rebuilding the database" which for some reason is now gone. It's not as if I was seeing things when I responded.

Good thing Feldgrau is up pretty much 24/7 so we can serve as a platform to let the world know about AHF being down, ey! :wink:

Again, best of luck.
Imad
Contributor

Post by Imad »

Jerry wrote:
Christian Ankerstjerne wrote:The security warning is just because Microsoft is hysterical. As I've mentioned before: Patience.
Apparently Mozilla is hysterical too, as I use Firefox.
Yes, me too. I really wish the best for Marcus and AHF. It's been three very productive years for me with AHF.
Cry 'havoc' and let slip... the dogs of war
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

Post by Doktor Krollspell »

Gentlemen,

Here's the breakfast message from AHF...
Update in progress.
check back soon!

Soon...

Krollspell
"Wie es eigentlich gewesen ist"
Leopold von Ranke (1795-1886)
Christian Ankerstjerne
Supporter

Jason
I didn't change anything in my post, which is evident from the lack of an 'edit'-message (I edited my last post, immidiately above yours, to verify that Feldgrau has this function enabled). Not that it's really important, but still.
Annelie
Patron

Post by Annelie »

We are currently having problems with the forum due to a hardware issue
The tech guys are working on the problem.
Is the message I just got but the messages change through out the
day I found?
Glad they have got experts working on it for it must be
an serious issue whatever it is.

Thank goodness for Feldgrau.
Annelie

Post by Paddy Keating »

AHF isn't the only forum down at the moment.
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

Christian, I'm aware your posts didn't indicate they were edited. I am aware it's possible to edit posts without that edit note being added although I'm certainly not suggesting you did that, not by any means. It's possible in general though and I know I and a few others saw the comment somewhere. I don't recall which post of which member sadly.

At any rate all this talk is for nothing, I'm sure the forum is up and running by now or will be soon!

PK, what other forums are down?
Annelie
Patron

Post by Annelie »

We are currently having problems with the forum due to a hardware issue
The tech guys are working on the problem.

Update again: The hardware has been replaced but we are currently having issues with some server settings, once that is fixed the forum will be back online.
All the forum data was on a seperate disk from the one replaced so it is safe.
Thanks for your patience.

If you have any questions you can send me an email.

Well, it looks like they are getting everything under control.
Annelie

RE: What Is Good For The Goose Is Good For The Gander?

Post by Robert Rojas »

Greetings to Chairman Pipes, his august lieutenants and the community as a whole. Howdy Jason! Well sir, in light of your posting of Thursday - February 21, 2008 - 3:21pm, old Uncle Bob does find it ironic that the Feldgrau Forum is the conduit for information regarding the operative status of the Axis History Forum. I strongly suspect if the shoe had been on the other foot, it would be highly unlikely that any of us would see the same degree of reciprocity emanating from Feldgrau's cyberspatial alter ego. If memory serves, any discussion or commentary gravitating on the administrative operations of another website are clearly prohibited. If memory also serves, this particular edict had its origins from the owner of the Axis History Forum. It's just some sobering food for thought. Well, that's my initial two Yankee cents worth on this technical topic of interest - for now anyway. As always, I would like to bid you a copacetic day down by Baghdad-By-The-Bay.
"It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it" - Robert E. Lee
Vagabond

Re: RE: What Is Good For The Goose Is Good For The Gander?

Post by Vagabond »

Robert Rojas wrote:Greetings to Chairman Pipes, his august lieutenants and the community as a whole. Howdy Jason! Well sir, in light of your posting of Thursday - February 21, 2008 - 3:21pm, old Uncle Bob does find it ironic that the Feldgrau Forum is the conduit for information regarding the operative status of the Axis History Forum. I strongly suspect if the shoe had been on the other foot, it would be highly unlikely that any of us would see the same degree of reciprocity emanating from Feldgrau's cyberspatial alter ego. If memory serves, any discussion or commentary gravitating on the administrative operations of another website are clearly prohibited. If memory also serves, this particular edict had its origins from the owner of the Axis History Forum. It's just some sobering food for thought. Well, that's my initial two Yankee cents worth on this technical topic of interest - for now anyway. As always, I would like to bid you a copacetic day down by Baghdad-By-The-Bay.
Your memory serves you poorly then. The 'Feldgrau down again?' (or words to that effect ) thread on the AHF has been very active in the past when the shoe has been on the other foot, as you say. Obviously, I'll have to owe you the link.

AHF has previously directed discussions pertaining directly to this very forum elsewhere - namely a discussion revolving around the book discussed in this thread:

http://www.feldgrau.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27787

...because the AHF staff finds it inappropriate to discuss another forum's issues with third parties on the AHF; such discussion should be conducted here. That does not mean that the AHF prohibits links to Feldgrau, or discussions spilling over from one forum to the other.

If memory serves me, Christian Ankerstjerne sent Jason Pipes a PM clarifying the AHF's position on this matter.

Regards, Jon, AHF moderator
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

It's good to see so many AHF mods keeping up with what's being posted on Feldgrau! :wink: