AHF down?

Related website information, updates, questions, links, etc.
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

Oh sorry! It's a withering demolition of the place by an ex-mod but I suppose it's just as well that the link doesn't work as it is better not to go back down that path.

PK
Andy H
Associate

Post by Andy H »

Paddy

I wish to thank you for keeping the AHF in the spotlight.

There's no such thing as bad publicity, just publicity.

Remember to check your facts before posting or publishing Paddy

Remember your 7 P's from your army training Paddy

Prior
Planning
Preparation
Prevents
Piss
Poor
Performance

I think you've inserted Presumption Paddy

No doubt if the Hitler Diaries came on the market, you would bid because it has to be what it says on the cover. Check and double check your sources Paddy before posting such links.
Regards
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

And so as I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolour I must fear evil, For I am but mortal and mortals can only die
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

Thanks for the advice, Andy. However, there is no presumption on my part. The post in question appears to be genuine. You are suggesting that it isn't. So is another of your AHF colleagues. I think the best thing to do is to contact Matt Gibbs and ask him. So I have contacted the indisputably real Matt Gibbs about it. In the meantime, I posted the link here because it relates to AHF, which you and some others are always trying to promote. So you ought to be pleased about this, instead of sending me unpleasant PMs and flaming me here in this thread. As you say, it's free publicity.

PK
Vagabond

Post by Vagabond »

Those who want a more balanced view of the MCF and its past history with bogus posters may wish to consult this newsgroup:

http://groups.google.com/group/MCFexposed

Personally I'd double-check everything posted on the MCF.

After all, the MCF leadership has a noted habit of banning past moderators, despite heralding freedom of speech. I wonder why that is?
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Okay, this is not going to degenerate into a pissing contest about what other sites do or don't do. This is Feldgrau. Leave us worry about what happens here.

As it turns out, I sent a PM to Matt Gibbs. I'm waiting for a response. Until such time as I receive one, this thread is locked.

Well, I've heard from Matt. I PMd him on AHF this morning. When I woke up, this was waiting for me:
I would like to know the content so can you cut and paste it here, it is definately not from me because I have only got back access to the web after moving home 2 days ago and I have not posted anything on any of the medals forums for ages. If someone is posting in my name you can rest assured it is not me, and at the moment for the last 3 months I have also not been active as a moderator on the AHF because I am having many family problems at the moment, would appreciate knowing what it is as soon as possible. I have also advised PKeating of this info.
Regards
Matt GIbbs
From communication with PK, Matt has also contacted him, refuting this post. It would seem then, that someone has been posting in his name.
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

Ah, excellent job exposing this Tom! Matt's a stand-up guy, so if he says he didn't write it, I believe him totally. (I did think the praise of the Commissar was a little overdone. :wink:)

I'd also like to point out that PK had doubts about the real identity of the poster and made efforts to clarify the matter just as Tom did.

Best,
David
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....