Thought we had a deal about the emblems?

Questions, comments, suggestions, or problems.
Christoph Awender
Patron

Thought we had a deal about the emblems?

Post by Christoph Awender »

Hello Jason!

The symbols look very good as avatars but I thought we had a deal that you just use them for your unit-histories.

No real problem for me but a word is a word and letting me know would have been ...well, ...fair.

Christoph
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, I was of the understanding that I could use the emblems as long as they weren't used in a single setting like on your site. Here on the forum I've only used a portion of the actual emblems, they aren't in a single setting, they aren't actually indentified, etc. I am terribly sorry if you feel I broke some aspect of our previous agreement to use them on Feldgrau. If you would like me to remove them I would be happy to do so. Again, sorry about the confusion and resulting concern!!! :oops:
Christoph Awender
Patron

no problem...

Thanks for explaining... no problem... they look good :-)
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

Thanks ever so much Christoph!! They do indeed look great. You're name will be prominently displayed on the next udpate since this is the first time these execllent emblems have been used on Feldgrau. The massive new unit database (similar in scope and size to the officer and KC databases) will make prominent use of these emblems as well.

Again, I thank you as does I'm sure the entire Feldgrau community! :D
Marko 7-19

Post by Marko 7-19 »

I was thrilled when I realized that I could use the 7. Inf Div emblem.

As one of the Feldgrau community :D , I give you my thanks Christoph for allowing them to be used on this site.
Simon Orchard
Supporter

Post by Simon Orchard »

great emblems and thanks Christoph. The truppenkennzeichen books are great and it's nice to see someone taking the trouble to add the colours to the insignia.

great to see the 6 Geb.Div. included. I've got a piece of vehicle with the original divisional sign of the unit on it. The Edelweiss actually leans to the left rather than the right.

Simon
Christoph Awender
Patron

Thanks..

Thanks for the kind words!

Simon, I saw both versions.

Christoph
Richard Murphy
Supporter

Post by Richard Murphy »

Christoph/Jason,
For the sake of continuity, could you please add the Panzer Lehr badge to the avatars?

Regards from the Park,

Rich
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

Sure thing, let me seek it out and upload it.
xavier
Contributor

emblems

Post by xavier »

hello Christoph.

On behalf (I think I can say That..) of everyone I thank you for the use of the emblems, just to let you know, I knew from the beginning they were from your site and I tought to myself "hey what a great guy, to let jason use all of his work here.." I know lots of work involved..
best regards
Xavier :D
"Assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit"

Constant practice devoted to one subject often outdues both intelligence and skill:
Cicero
Christoph Awender
Patron

Hello Xavier

Hello Xavier!

Thanks for the nice words!

Christoph
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

First off, good job Christoph! I know a lot of work went into the unit symbols.

Jason, would it be possible, or even fair, to set something up so that each unit emblem is only in use with one person at a time? I was wondering that when I first found them, then I wondered even more when I started looking for certain persons by avatar. Of course, that might not be a good idea, since somebody took the one I REALLY wanted, but I guess that's another thread...........
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

That is a very good idea, but I worry that it would become too difficult to manage such a thing on the new forum. Once we get 500, 1000 or 1500 users, it'll be hard to limit the avatars to only one use per person. There *IS* a way for me to set special images associated with special ranks (site admin, moderators, etc) but to extend that to everyone would mean setting everyones image by hand, once they told me what they wanted, which would be very time consuming. I'll poke around and see what I can do though...
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Valid Point! Like I said, it was just a thought..........
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Sista Soldjah
Supporter

Thank you Christoph...

Post by Sista Soldjah »

Even though I really did not know that each of the symbols represented something, I thought that they were a really nice touch.

Can you tell me about the one that I selected at random?...

I selected it because I liked the Eagle...and because I am researching my Opa's war expereinces with the paratroops (2./FJR2)...the Eagle being symbolic for them...

Thank you for your hard work...Their creation would not have been a easy task...

All who use them, need to know who created them...this should be acknowledged at the time of selection...

Cheers
Sis
:D
"You can no more win a war than you can win an earthquake. "
--Jeannette Rankin first woman Member of Congress