Searching for Steens

Questions, comments, suggestions, or problems.
David Steen

Searching for Steens

Post by David Steen »

Hello,Thank you for allowing me to join. I'm trying to find information on any Steen (last name)from either side during WWI/WWII.
I'm trying to document the military history of my family tree so that my children will have something to be proud of in this Pacifist world. We originally came from Norway/Holland/Germany. I can't find info. on my Grandfather or his brothers due to the archives fire in Wshington in 1969. I do know that his brothers fought in Europe, one was a" guest "of the Germans for a couple of years. He was treated well and sent into the village on work detail because they called him the big American Cousin. My Grandfather James Bailey Steen was a Medic/Dog Boy in the Pacific. He chose the Pacific because he didn't want to shoot any possible relatives. Their opinion of the Waffen SS was that they were The Toughest Mothers to EVER walk the Earth!!! from Personal experience .
If anyone can help,it would really be appreciated,as first hand info is disappearing fast and HAS to be preserved. I lost a friend about 4 years ago now who was 17 when he was a Marine at the Pearl Harbor attack( Levi Barber)we always said that we'd write it all down one day,that day never came.
Anyway,Thank You again for letting me join you,and thank you in advance for any help.
[email protected]
Thanks,David
Waleed Y. Majeed
Patron

Re: Searching for Steens

Post by Waleed Y. Majeed »

Tom Houlihan
Patron

Re: Searching for Steens

Post by Tom Houlihan »

http://www.frontkjemper.com/

Try here for the Norwegian twigs and branches...
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!