New Topic Suggestion

Questions, comments, suggestions, or problems.
11ab127e

New Topic Suggestion

Post by 11ab127e »

I was wondering if it might be possible to devote one topic to a specific field and impression, that of the Sanitater. There is a growing interest in this field in the reenactment community, but no really central place to get really good information on the topic, especially as to what a Sani's kit really consisted of and where one might get the right stuff for the kit. There is a lot of bad information out there. The one web site I heard of in English shut down ( I have found a Russian website, but I don't read Russian - still there are a lot of good pictures) . I'd simply call the topic " The Sani"
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Re: New Topic Suggestion

Post by Tom Houlihan »

A thread like that would fit into TOPICAL RESEARCH: Weapons and Equipment. As important as Sanis were, and we have an almost-Sani here, they don't rate their own topic. Feel free to post something about it, but I'd recommend doing a site search first. I know there are threads discussing that very subject!
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

AHF has a good forum for "re-enactor" enthusiasts to discuss their fantasies. We should keep that topic off Feldgrau. I have never had a favorable opinion of WW II re-enactors and could never understand why an adult male would want to dress up as an enemy soldier and chase around in the woods or public places. I believe that such people have emotional issues. If people really want to dress up in military uniforms part time and play soldier then they ought to consider joining the reserves or national guard of their respective countries.

John
bil
Supporter

Post by bil »

Does this aversion also apply to Civil War and Revolutionary re-enactors?Some of them are billed as 'living history' re-enactors and provide a look at how the soldiers really lived then.Without actually shooting each othert,of course.I have no dog in this fight,I collect books,and the guns minus soldiers. ---bil
Robert F. Rojas

RE: New Topic Suggestion - (Well Sort Of ).

Post by Robert F. Rojas »

Greetings to both citizen bil and the community as a whole. Howdy bil! Well sir, in respect to your now vintage posting of Thursday - July 02, 2009 - 4:04pm, old yours truly is of the school of thought that everyone has their own unique schtick. Some folks live vicariously through historical reenactment. And other folks live vicariously through wargaming. And still other folks live vicariously through an inordinate fixation with all matter of things that are Schutzstaffel. It's all pretty harmless and after all, variety is the spice of life. I guess we'll all see how all of this comes out in the wash after Jim Pollar inaugurates the reincarnation of the Feldgrau Forum sometime during year 2018. Well, that's my initial two cents or pfennigs worth on this topical suggestion - for now anyway. In any case, I would like to bid you a copacetic day no matter where you just might happen to find yourself on Terra Firma.

Best Regards,
Uncle Bob :idea: :D :wink: 8) :up:
It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it - Robert E. Lee