Feldgrau problems?

Questions, comments, suggestions, or problems.
Paulus II
Patron

Feldgrau problems?

Post by Paulus II »

Over the past three to four weeks I've been having a spot of trouble with the speed of Feldgrau. It takes quite long to open a section or a thread and frequently the page is timed out by the time it does open.
Now, in view of what is happening at AHF and the fact that no other sites have slowed down, is there something going that is affecting Feldgrau's speed? Like at AHF maybe?
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Re: Feldgrau problems?

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Is anyone else having this problem? I haven't noticed any slow-downs?
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

I haven't either..and I have REALLY suffered from the speed issues on AHF by comparison...

Paulus, if there were performance issues - we on the other aide of the Atlantic would see them magnified just a little - the Internet and dynamic routing isn't QUITE instantaneous :wink: - so the fact that I'm not seeing any...and I in the @rse-end of the UK probably take as many router jumps to hit the Feldgrau server in California as you do...would make me think it's more local to you?

Any issues with your ISP? Are you having any speed/refresh issues with European-hosted websites?
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Paulus II
Patron

Post by Paulus II »

No, it's just Feldgrau that's acting up. Not as bad as AHF but still. If nobody else has this issue it will probably be my ISP. Not the first they have caused some irritation :(
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

Anyone else experiencing same here?
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Waleed Y. Majeed
Patron

Post by Waleed Y. Majeed »

Nope! Feldgrau is a Ferrari compared to the AHF Trabbi.

waleed
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

I've been keeping tabs on things and the speed doesn't seem to be an issue for me and those I've heard from so far.
Paulus II
Patron

Post by Paulus II »

Glad to anounce that since last wednesday Feldgrau is back up to speed for me too!

Must have been something on this side of the line that was causing the snailspace. Do wonder what though.
Called the servicedesk of my ISP and they were sure it had nothing to with them, but then again....do they ever admit it was them? And what does a callcentre operator know anyway :?:

Thanks for looking into it guys!
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

And what does a callcentre operator know anyway
Hmm - you're in Holland...where did you end up with your call - Mumbai? Manila??? :shock:
Leo Niehorster
Author

Feldgrau database problems, e.g. KC holders

Post by Leo Niehorster »

Having some problems accessing the Feldgrau database. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Many thanks
Cheers
Leo

This appears
Warning: include() [function.include]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/feldgrau/public_html/InfDiv.php on line 155

Warning: include(http://www.feldgrau.com/KnightsCrossHol ... iedivision) [function.include]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/feldgrau/public_html/InfDiv.php on line 155

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'http://www.feldgrau.com/KnightsCrossHol ... iedivision' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /home/feldgrau/public_html/InfDiv.php on line 155

Bibliography

Warning: include() [function.include]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/feldgrau/public_html/InfDiv.php on line 166

Warning: include(http://www.feldgrau.com/UnitBio.php?Uni ... e-Division) [function.include]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/feldgrau/public_html/InfDiv.php on line 166

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'http://www.feldgrau.com/UnitBio.php?Uni ... e-Division' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /home/feldgrau/public_html/InfDiv.php on line 166
and get the following message:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/feldgrau/public_html/KnightsCrossHolders2.php on line 12
Sorry, no records were found! Return to Feldgrau
Information not passed on is lost.
URL: World War II Armed Forces
Leo Niehorster
Author

Post by Leo Niehorster »

Bump
Paulus II
Patron

Post by Paulus II »

I get the same errormessages as Leo does and frankly it bothers me quite a bit.
I feel it detracts from Feldgrau's profesionalism and thereby reduces its worth. The forum is finally getting better after years of BS but the mainsite has gotten decidedly worse since the change to the new software and server.

What bothers me even more is when a member of the forum points this out in the apropriate section of the forum and gets no response from the forumstaff, even after asking attention for the problem again by bumping it up.
What bothers me the most is that this happens to a member of the stature of Leo Niehorster!

I underdstand it may be a humongous task to set things straight in the mainsite and accept it may take a long time to correct this but please let us know what is being done and an estimation of when it will be done.

best regards,

Paul
Leo Niehorster
Author

Post by Leo Niehorster »

Bump, Bump, Bumpety-bump
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

As far as I know Jason is looking at the problem, but I haven't heard back from him on it.
John W. Howard

Post by John W. Howard »

Hi Paul:
Part of this is my fault, because I saw that Dr. Niehorster was having problems and should have left a heads-up message in the moderator section for our administrators to see what was up and get back to our members. I was rushed and just assumed Phylo or Tom would take a look and get back to the forum on the issue. Had I left a message for the admin. people and posted a message on this thread that we were at least aware of the problem, then our members would have known they were not being ignored, which they were not; I knew of the problem, but I could not have fixed it anyway; that takes a computer guru like Phylo :wink: Sorry gents and best wishes.
John W. Howard