Possible problem?

Questions, comments, suggestions, or problems.
phylo_roadking
Patron

Possible problem?

Post by phylo_roadking »

One for those of you with Admin rights LOL Is there a problem with the EDIT function at the minute? I've read comments from a LOT of users in the last weeks, and I haven't been able to successfully edit a post for ages. I've just tried to edit in ONE character in a thread I've just opened - and it threw me out again. It doesn't seem to matter how long the message is, or how much you need to edit - so I reckon its a fault.

Anyone esle noticed this???
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
David W
Patron

Post by David W »

Phylo.

I too have this problem. You can post new threads, but if you try to edit you eventually get the 'server not found' error message.
Thanks. Dave.
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

Hmm, I was not aware of this problem before, thanks for posting about it. I will look into it and see what I can come up with. Are you able to ever edit anything you post??

test...
Last edited by Jason Pipes on Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David W
Patron

Post by David W »

Not recently Jason.

(test edit)
Last edited by David W on Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks. Dave.
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

Hmm... I just did a test (see post above) in which I was able to edit my posting just fine with no problems. I will continue to look into it!
David W
Patron

Post by David W »

I've just been able to edit my last post too, but it did take nearly a minute.
Another time I might have been timed out 'unable to locate server'. (normal posting is still quick)

But it's a step in the right direction anyway.
Thanks. Dave.
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

I will continue to look into the issue for sure. We have been hit lately by a LOT of traffic though (totals of nearly 800 users at one time in fact) so I can see how the server would be taking a big hit from time to time. Hopefully that's what is at fault!
Robert F. Rojas

RE: Possible Problem? - (Site Administration Anomaly)

Post by Robert F. Rojas »

Greetings to Chairman Jim Pollar, his august lieutenants and the community as a whole. Howdy Jim! Well sir, this COMMENT has absolutely nothing to do with citizen Phylo Roadking's introductory posting of Sunday - July 08, 2007 - 11:58am. The POSSIBLE PROBLEM thread was in existence so I thought I would add to it. Well, old yours truly is not at all clear how long this has been going on, but it would appear that the public-at-large has unfettered access to both the MODERATORS ONLY and REMOVED THREADS area within the SITE ADMINISTRATION section of the forum. Both areas are accessible when one does NOT log into the forum. Both areas default into restrictive mode when one actually logs into the forum. Is this an anomaly OR has it been this way for an extended period of time? Just curious. Incidentally, the now vintage contents within both the MODERATORS ONLY and REMOVED THREADS areas did make for quite illuminating reading! Now you know. Well, that's my initial two cents worth on this administrative topic of interest - for now anyway. In any case, I would like to bid you an especially copacetic day no matter where you just might happen to find yourself on Terra Firma.

Best Regards,
Uncle Bob :idea: :?: :[]
It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it - Robert E. Lee