Changes to your profile

Questions, comments, suggestions, or problems.
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Changes to your profile

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Through painful experience, we've discovered that some changes to personal profiles will temporarily deactivate accounts. When this happens, admin has to go back in and reactivate the account. It doesn't hurt anything, and don't ask me why it happens, but it does.

So far, changing your e-mail address will deactivate your account. I'm not sure about any other specific changes.

If you are going to go in and change anything, PM either me or Jason to let us know. That way, if we don't hear from you in a day or two, we can go in and make sure you're still active. That will prevent you from actually having multiple accounts (that I still don't know how to merge, if they can actually be merged!)
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Dragunov
Associate
Location: Ottawa, The True North Strong And Free (and rather cold)

Post by Dragunov »

i think changing passwords also deacs your account for some while, last time i changed mine, i got the email to reac it, followed through and it either didn't change (i could use the old password and the new one didn't work) or i couldn't use my account for a day or so.
When Stalin says "Dance" a wise man dances.- Nikita Kruschev
Waleed Y. Majeed
Patron

Re: Changes to your profile

Post by Waleed Y. Majeed »

How about now after switching over to the new sever. Is it still a problem?
Not that I'm going to take the chance... Just wondering if any tests have been made
concerning this. Would be nice to be able without bothering Mods/Admin first.

waleed
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

I'm pretty certain that changing your email causes the account to have to be validated. It's a security feature but I can look into the option of turning it off.
Soldat7128
Supporter

Post by Soldat7128 »

Is there any way to change your username btw? (Without losing your "rank")

I know it's probably a pain but if I could that would be great. I didn't just sign up and change my mind btw, and I'll promise not to ask again. :D