General discussion - Hellooooooo

Questions, comments, suggestions, or problems.
Rolf Steiner
Associate

General discussion - Hellooooooo

Post by Rolf Steiner »

Moderators, this section is leaking spam worse than the school canteen when I was six. Fix bayonets men. If you can stop (insert name of banned former member of your choice here), you can stop this!
"And I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow!"
Lorenz
Patron

Re: General discussion - Hellooooooo

Post by Lorenz »

Rolf Steiner wrote:Moderators, this section is leaking spam worse than the school canteen when I was six. Fix bayonets men. If you can stop (insert name of banned former member of your choice here), you can stop this!
How do you know these are banned Feldgrau members? Some here have been referring to them as "Russians".

But more importantly, how do these individuals gain access to Feldgrau in the first place? I am active on 6 or 7 other World War II web sites but this is the only one with this problem. I have not detected active spamming on the others and I have gone out of my way to look for it.
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

I'm of the opinion its an automated process, as it just hits the ONE section. Its not even the most heavily updated section by a long chalk, so wouldn't get as many hits on Google as some of the other sections.
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Sorry lads, I've been away from a computer. I'll see what I can accomplish this morning, but I have limited time, as I'm off to a reenactment this afternoon.

Priorities are, in no particular order:

Packing
Sleep
Driving
Banking
Spammers

If I don't get 'em all this morning, I'll catch up when I come back.

Okay, I believe I've deleted all the offending posts. I've also sent Jason a suggestion for making them easier for the mods to deal with. I recently realized that I was overlooking an extra step I could take, that would help this problem. When I get back from my reenacting weekend, I'll see if I can't improve the process.
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!