For Jason Pipes

Questions, comments, suggestions, or problems.
Paddy Keating

For Jason Pipes

Post by Paddy Keating »

Jason Pipes
Admin

Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:36 pm Post subject:
He was removed for his actions, not his words or thoughts per-say. I will remove, in time, anyone who does not act civil to others on this forum, that goes for Sid or Paddy or anyone else. I may not get to each case in a timely manner, and some may go unseen for awhile but with 5 full time moderators I think we have been doing a great job on trying to keep the flames and wars to a minimum. I will never understand why some people feel the need to go over the line in discussing historical topics. Let me repeat, I DON'T CARE WHAT YOUR VIEWS ARE PER-SAY, but if you post extremist or offensive BS **OR** if you post in a manner that is uncivil, uncalled for, or combative, especially after being warned you WILL be removed. I don't care who you are those are the rules. People really need to get it through their heads, Sid this includes you, that I/we do NOT favor anyone on this site, only those who can discuss, post and respond in a manner that is mutually tolerable and civil. End of story.

This thread is locked.
I'm not trying to be difficult or anything but could you tell me why exactly I am under threat of banning? I am completely unaware of any posts I may have made that could have prompted you to include my name here. I thought our brief problematic period was behind us. I am even a credited donor to this website, one of a handful amongst your thousands of members.

PK
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

PK, my understanding of that post is not that you are under threat of banning. Instead, it illustrates that the previous problems are in the past.

More to the point, even someone like you or Sid, or even me for that matter, will be banned if they continually misbehave in the face of warnings.

I have seen nothing that indicates your membership status is in any danger. Sid's membership status is also safe.

I can see where the confusion arose, but you're good to go.
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

Thanks, Tom.

PK
Last edited by Paddy Keating on Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cott Tiger
Associate

Post by Cott Tiger »

You'll Be after a Blue Peter badge next Paddy :wink: :D
Up The Tigers!
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

No, a halo will suffice...
sid guttridge
on "time out"

Post by sid guttridge »

Hi Paddy,

I decided to let that post pass, even though I, too, was mystified at the inclusion of my name as opposed to those of others.

I reasoned that I was being singled out as an example because I am the most prolific poster on Feldgrau, not for anything I had posted on the forums.

I have always considered that we are all equally at risk of banning, regrdless of our profile. I interpret Jason's post as saying just that.

I don't consider I have received a personal warning now or at any other time in the past. (Doubtless I will recieve a correction if I am mistaken).

I would suggest that your situation in this particular case is similar.

Cheers,

Sid.
sniper1shot

Post by sniper1shot »

I have always considered that we are all equally at risk of banning, regrdless of our profile. I interpret Jason's post as saying just that.
Exactly! Nicely worded Sid.
Only he is lost who gives himself up as lost.
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

I see.

Thanks.

PK