Why does my registation keep getting deleted

Questions, comments, suggestions, or problems.
major1

Why does my registation keep getting deleted

Post by major1 »

I the last few days I have registered twice as (ua45x), this is my third registration. If I have done something wrong I would like to be told what it was.

I have sent an email to Jason but not yet received a reply.
Paulus II
Patron

Post by Paulus II »

Hi major1,

Though I'm not a moderator or in any other way have anything to say about what goes on behind the screens I think the answer lies in this post by Jason made to answer a post from someone who encountered the same problem as you.
The problem was technical. I have been involved in a monumental struggle to keep spam users from registering on the site. In that process I routinely go though all new user registrations and cull out any and all that are fake or suspect. The Nil account accidently fell into that group and I apologize. Going forward I am going to post a suggestion to new users to choose a rational, reasonable sounding user name lest it be mistaken for a spam account be be removed.
found in this thread:

http://www.feldgrau.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=21389

I guess ua45x looked suspicious.

Welcome to the forum and let's hope things go right this time!

Cheers,

Paul
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

While it's not mandatory, the more information you add to your profile, the better. That shows that you're not a "bot" just randomly signing in. It might help.
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
major1

Thanks

Post by major1 »

Thank you both for your responses. I will re-post and see how things go.
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

Sorry about the mixup, the posters above were correct, if the username doesn't sound overtly logical (sorry I know that is open to debate) it may be deleted for fear of being a spam account.