For the sake of argument.....

Questions, comments, suggestions, or problems.
phylo_roadking
Patron

For the sake of argument.....

Post by phylo_roadking »

All, I would request that the matter of users of the Forum who intentionally misquote others or quote them out of context be viewed as seriously as ANY other misdemeanour on Feldgrau. I am fed up of having my posts selectively misunderstood to create argment and selectively quoted in turn. I find this rather insulting - in that the writers concerned seem to regard me as some sort of a dribbling idiot who can't even remember what I've written. This is as insulting as any personal inslt or flame.

Theres no problem at all with questioning something, or requesting clarification - but there has been a spate of my and others' postings being mangled and thrown back at us to suit some other agenda - when the original post was QUITE unambiguous.

phylo
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Paulus II
Patron

Post by Paulus II »

Agreed.

One of the reasons I've stayed out of quite a few discussions on subjects that I did find interesting but knew it would only lead to the above and would therefore be a total waste of time.
Trying to ignore the culprits on all 'sides' is proving to be increasingly difficult since some of the culprits are very "in your face", jumping on the slightest turn of words (in an unambiguous post) that they don't agree with, ripping it all out of context, playing the man and not the ball, unwilling to accept any explanation and then claiming the initial poster is to be blamed for a thread being locked.

Paul
pzrmeyer2

Post by pzrmeyer2 »

edit, with apologies to phylo and Paulus II
Last edited by pzrmeyer2 on Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Paulus II
Patron

Post by Paulus II »

Rajin Cajun
Banned

Post by Rajin Cajun »

I agree with what is being said. I don't even bother posting much in the way of anything because its regurgitated in the most ludicrious way. This forum is going down faster then a drunk kamikaze pilot. :(
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

RC, the last few weeks have been....remarkable. The real troublemakers can be counted on the fingers of one.....finger. Unfortunately there seems to be no correcting some of their aberrances, many of the things raised are raised in inappropriate places, and are almost guaranteed to cause mayhem. Slander, libel, out-of-context quoting and in some cases total glaring inaccuracies on their part seems to add to the trouble.

Actually - given their avowed aims and opinions, I have come to the conclusion that the damage being done must be to some extent intentional. That having been said - they have been allowed free reign under the guise of free speech, but I for one see no reason why those slanders, libels, and inaccuracies should go unremarked or uncorrected. Rather - leave them UNattended to and the rest of us all look like idiots instead.
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Helmut Von Moltke

Post by Helmut Von Moltke »

I would be very intrested to know what do you define by troublemaker.

The ones who defy the other ones who post one sided views of Poland, that deny German cities were bombed, that rant about the Waffen-SS 24/7, that deny Stalin's crimes, that take threads off tracks when it dosen't suit their agenda, and for that get calls for "bans" and 'SS groupies"?

K
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

no names, no pack drill.....

....it could always be YOU I'm talking about..........?
Rajin Cajun
Banned

Post by Rajin Cajun »

I understand what your saying phylo and I especially got the finger part. :wink:

Its just ludicrious though perfectly good and informative topics have been destroyed and I would say on purpose. I mean honestly its not useless threads that get closed its the informative ones that seem to shut down faster then they rocketed off. Which leads me to believe its almost intentional behavior.

To be honest we could do without a few members here and post quality would improve because of the lack of nonsense. This shouldn't be a daycare or insane aslyum where the inmates run the prison.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.