Feldgrau in 50 years?

Questions, comments, suggestions, or problems.
Helmut Von Moltke

Feldgrau in 50 years?

Post by Helmut Von Moltke »

hi, I'm wondering what will happen to the Feldgrau forum in 50 years? Will it still be the same format, will all the messages dating back to it's re-start in 2002 be still there? And what will happen to our accounts when we pass on, and will there be a new administrator continuing the legacy of Feldgrau in 75 years? I'm just kind of curious, since unfortunately most forums go down or change after a few years.

K
Cott Tiger
Associate

Post by Cott Tiger »

What we can say for certain Kevin, is that your “total number of posts” by 2056 will be into ten figures.
Up The Tigers!
Helmut Von Moltke

aye, Andre. One can never be sure when mother nature takes me...

And who knows? Maybe in 2056, Pensioner Mr Pipes will start the forum again, 50 years of posting on Feldgrau gone.. :D 8)

K
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

Let's worry about getting to 2007 first, then aim for 2010, then onwards from there! :wink: As a general idea though, Feldgrau has been contacted by the Library of Congress with a desire to store the site and all the info in their digital archives for all of humanity to access for the ages. I think that should suffice, no?
M.H.
Patron

Post by M.H. »

Jason Pipes wrote:Let's worry about getting to 2007 first, then aim for 2010, then onwards from there! :wink: As a general idea though, Feldgrau has been contacted by the Library of Congress with a desire to store the site and all the info in their digital archives for all of humanity to access for the ages. I think that should suffice, no?
Wha??? :shock:
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

The United States Library of Congress has selected your Web site for inclusion in its historic collections of Internet materials. The Library's traditional functions, acquiring, cataloging, preserving and serving collection materials of historical importance to the Congress and the American people to foster education and scholarship, extend to digital materials, including Web sites. We request your permission to collect your Web site and add it to the Library's research collections. We also ask that we be allowed to display the archived version(s) of your Web site.
M.H.
Patron

Post by M.H. »

Uh oh....maybe better go over my contributions again... :oops:
Brian38
Supporter

Re: Feldgrau in 50 years?

Post by Brian38 »

Helmut Von Moltke wrote:hi, I'm wondering what will happen to the Feldgrau forum in 50 years? Will it still be the same format, will all the messages dating back to it's re-start in 2002 be still there?
How was Feldgrau 50 years ago?
Not a good question :wink: , but what I want to say is: if you think about new tecnologies of the last 50 years we can't imaging at all how it will be in 50 years. I think Forums like this (I don't mean the themes but the Internet) will not exist anymore.
http://www.panzergrenadierregiment63.de.vu
http://www.3ss.totenkopf.de.vu

Il faut avoir l'esprit dur et le coeur tendre. (Jacques Maritain)
Helmut Von Moltke

Brain28, about the Feldgrau forums not exisitng in 50 years, it will all be hundreds of thousands of printed sheets of member's posts and threads in the library of congress.. perhaps as a grandpa you would go there to have a look at your old posts and give a chuckle :D :wink:

K
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Congratulations, Jason! I'm pretty sure that not just anybody got that message!

:up: :beer: :beer: :up:
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Helmut Von Moltke

aye, I'm not sure, but is the forum going to be archived as well? :D

K
Chris von D
Supporter

Re: Feldgrau in 50 years?

Post by Chris von D »

Helmut Von Moltke wrote:hi, I'm wondering what will happen to the Feldgrau forum in 50 years?
Maybe the English translation will be in the 4th Reich Archive museum and a nearby row of interfaces with the then German version.

There may well be a bronze bust of Jason Pipes as well no doubt.

Or maybe not. Hey, who knows. Maybe third time lucky to conquer the world.

Goodness knows the world can hardly be more fecked up than it already is.

%E %E %E
Chris von D
Supporter

Post by Chris von D »

Jason Pipes wrote:The United States Library of Congress has selected your Web site for inclusion in its historic collections of Internet materials. The Library's traditional functions, acquiring, cataloging, preserving and serving collection materials of historical importance to the Congress and the American people to foster education and scholarship, extend to digital materials, including Web sites. We request your permission to collect your Web site and add it to the Library's research collections. We also ask that we be allowed to display the archived version(s) of your Web site.
You denied your permission no doubt?

:wink:
Rajin Cajun
Banned

Post by Rajin Cajun »

4th Reich? I'll be damned if there will ever be another Reich.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Paulus II
Patron

Post by Paulus II »

4th Reich? I'll be damned too if there will ever be another Reich. Or at least dead in the trenches.