Accessing Feldgrau

Questions, comments, suggestions, or problems.
Lorenz
Patron

Accessing Feldgrau

Post by Lorenz »

Does anyone happen to know why Feldgrau is so extraordinarily difficult to access much of the time? All I seem to get is "Debug Mode" and often this goes on for hours at a time. This does not happen with any other web site I visit. Perhaps I am the only one having this problem?

--Lorenz
Njorl
Contributor

Post by Njorl »

I suffer the same difficulty from time to time as well, but mainly when I'm at work :wink:

Maybe it's so because of some security software (corporate in my particular case)? IIRC the text on the 'debug mode' page says something like error creating session, as if you couldn't connect with Feldgrau's database because there's some kind of limit in number of active sessions. But that's only a speculation...
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

Post by Doktor Krollspell »

I also have this problem from time to time but when I restart my PC, then there's no problem accessing the Feldgrau Forum.

Regards,

Krollspell
"Wie es eigentlich gewesen ist"
Leopold von Ranke (1795-1886)
Jake
Contributor

Post by Jake »

Hello!

I often have the same difficulty, but I'm finding that after visiting another site for literally a couple of minutes and then trying again, I can access Feldgrau normally. I don't know if it would work for everyone.

Regards
Jake
Paulus II
Patron

Post by Paulus II »

Hi all,
It happens to me too in the exact same way as Jake. Both at work (where the internet is almost a fortification) and at home (nothing more than my providers firewall and anti-virus).
Spend a few minutes at AHF and the door home opens!!

Cheers,

Paul
sid guttridge
on "time out"

Post by sid guttridge »

Hi Guys,

Me too, and like the rest of the complainants I am on the European side of the pond.

My guess is that as Feldgrau is, I think, California-based, it is set to debug while our American cousins are tucked up soundly in bed. Unfortunately this seems to coincide with some of the best hours for Europeans to use Feldgrau.

Could it perhaps be reset to irritate, say, Bangla Deshis, Burmese, Bhutanese, Tibetans, Mongolians and Siberians, who probably don't use Feldgrau much anyway?

Cheers,

Sid.
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

Sid, i think its to do with the number of session slots free at any given time. Ive found that at these times its best to go into http://www.feldgrau.com and stooge there in a window, its just a click on "forums" and then a "back" if still busy, and go somewhere else in another window in the meantime. Never lasts more than five mins.

phylo
Lorenz
Patron

Post by Lorenz »

Marvelous comments and many thanks to all. I think phylo's rationale sounds like the right one because I'm in the States just three time zones east of California. I must have something to do with a combination of servers on line and the number of "sessions" each can handle at one time. If it were because of the fire wall and other security software, then I think it would happen all the time and not just at odd times. So, until someone (Jason Pipes?) can come up with something different, then that may well be the cause. Other, more accessible, web sites may be operating through large servers, while Feldgrau's server may be relatively small.

--Lorenz
Hans
Associate

Post by Hans »

I have the same problem.

- Hans
Was haben wir für dich gewollt
Du deutsches Vaterland?
- H Gehr IR 21./17.ID
Helmut Von Moltke

Post by Helmut Von Moltke »

This debug mode happens occasionally. On some days it's stuck for many hours, on other days no problem at all.

And Sid -
Could it perhaps be reset to irritate, say, Bangla Deshis, Burmese, Bhutanese, Tibetans, Mongolians and Siberians, who probably don't use Feldgrau much anyway?
NO!!!! :( What about me?

btw, does the "sessions" mean someone going on Feldgrau?

Regards

Kevin