Where is Jason?

Questions, comments, suggestions, or problems.
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Well, Phylo, this being the New World, we have Poison Ivy and Poison Oak. Not to mention Poison Sumac!
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Willhelm Gruber II
Contributor

Post by Willhelm Gruber II »

in Australia we have Fabaceae, Mimosaceae, Solanaceae, Euphorbiaceae, Poaceae, Cycadaceae, Zamiaceae,Chenopodiaceae, Thymelaeaceae, Ranunculaceae, Macrozamia, Pimelea, Erythrophleum, chlorostachys and Trema tomentosa that is just some of them :shock:

that really hurt my brain i need beer

as an Aussie comedien once said, "Come to Australia you might accidently get killed" :D
"Gott Mit Uns"
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

Under all names, STAY AWAY!! %E
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

Like "see Naples and Die" LMAO

except....how FEW people know how that saying came about? Its one of THE most wonderful true stories ive ever laughed at...

phylo
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

In the 19th century the "grand Tour" was all the rage in polite society in Europe, particularly in the UK, anything up to two or three years spent in various European capitals saoking up cafe society or whatever, yetremaining remarkably English LOL....the world's first organised travel company, owned by one Thomas Cook, came up with the idea of packaging the GrandTour or various bits of it, making it easier to access and taking all the difficulties or arranging everything out of it....

One of the main destinations of the Tour was always Naples, then the heart of Italian society,and in those days capital of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies. Hot, sweaty, dirty, bustling, busy. Now part of Cook's idea was to make sure his clients got to absorb ALL of a holiday locations elements, so his agents toured around the area looking for somewhere typically Italian and rural for them to visit...and they found the fishing village of Die along the coast from Naples.......So they also organised the world's first concerted advertsinging campaign, extolling the virtues of Cosmpolitan Naples, and the tiny unspoilt village of Die, and plastered posters over every newfangled railway station in Victorian England, with the banner heading...

"See Naples and Die"

Which, you can understand, confused the hell out of normal rail commuters, who pronounced it "Die" instead of "Dee-ay" as the inhabitants did.....!
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds