Signature

Questions, comments, suggestions, or problems.
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

People don't generally come here to see random images in peoples signatures, which consequently take time and bandwidth to load in the first place. Sorry if you feel unwelcome here because we don't generally encourage images in your signature, but that seems like a pretty minor concern at best. The fact that you mentioned you change them once a week tells me they are whimsical and not very serious, right? Not a big deal? So, if so, why the issue?
Lorenz
Patron

Post by Lorenz »

Mr. Thunderchild,

The issue here, I believe, has more to do with the purpose of this site than it does with your signature-whatcha-ma-call-it. A tiny minority (apparently) of us here see Feldgrau as a forum where serious students and historians of World War II German and German-related military history can come and exchange university-quality research findings through the process of posing and answering intelligent questions. We do not want it turned into some sort of daycare center for the junior high school set. Fortunately, Mr. Pipes is aware of the conflicting interests of the two opposing groups and has wisely decided to keep the research activity above the "Soldatenheim" entry on the Menu while leaving the latter for the less serious to play as they will, within certain parameters, of course.

Now that I have taken the time to compose and type the above, I see that Mr. Pipes (or Officer Pipes) has beaten me to it and posted a reply. But I will leave mine here anyway.

Thank you.

--Lorenz