WARNING William Richardson of Ann Arbor

Questions, comments, suggestions, or problems.
Derek Hicks

WARNING William Richardson of Ann Arbor

Post by Derek Hicks »

To warn others this man bought from me a SS plaque (which he confirmed receipt of in July at an agreed price). He has not paid for it after my sending numerous e-mails, letters, telephone calls (answerphone!) requesting same.
It doesn't help that I live in the UK and he in US.
Be WARNED.
Jock
Associate

Post by Jock »

Hi,

You sent him the item before you received payment? If so, I'd say you are up a certain smelly creek, without a paddle.

If the postage receipt note's what the item was, or there is any paper trail whatsoever, you may have some luck in the courts.

Dont ever send anyone anything without receiving payment first.

Cheers,
Jock
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

E-mails count as legal documents...
Jock
Associate

Post by Jock »

Hi Paddy,

Only if they have been sent from an account or computer which you have registered yourself. Fake details, or sending from a terminal which has no knowledge of its user would render an email useless.

However, if he has sent emails from his home PC, you might be on to something.

Cheers,
Jock
Derek Hicks

Post by Derek Hicks »

Thanks for all your replies. I've received a number of e-mails and in one of them he even said.....if you have any issues you can reach me on my phone 734 476 2845..... Phoned him couple of times and my message was recorded for him. I guess there's no fool like an old fool (being in late 60's) but trust has to come into it somewhere. Not a very good ambassador for his country
Jock
Associate

Post by Jock »

Hi Derek,

Unlucky mate - I feel for you on this one. If you have his home address, mabye pass it on to the Ann Arbor Police Dept? I think the number given is a cell (mobile) number, with the company Verizon.

Dont know what else to say, other than if you have the time, annoy the hell out of people at Ann Arbor PD (or even better, if you locate a smaller police department nearer his home)

Good luck, and chin up - lotta nasty b*stards out there.

Cheers,
Jock
Oflynn

AGREE

Post by Oflynn »

I have to agree with you about the little chitsters out there. Get cash in hand before you send anything in the future. No cash no item as I tell them lol.....
Beershark
Supporter

Dodgy customer.

Post by Beershark »

Yeah, it was not a move of inspired smartness to send the item before payment, especially when there are methods like PayPal out there to use.
Worse still, even being a malign and malevolent personage who lives for little more than revenge, even I can't think of a way you can get even with the s.o.b. However, thinking about your problem will help me get off to sleep at nights, so I may well have a flash of evil inspiration-in which case I'll get back to you ASAP !
Beershark.
Derek Hicks

Post by Derek Hicks »

Once bitten twice shy so let it die a natural and put it down to experience. Thanks
Jock
Associate

Post by Jock »

Damn, I dont know how to say this Derek, but me and Beershark crept into ol' Willies house last night, and beat him stupid. We were going to return the plaque to you, but settled for nailing it to his forehead.

:wink:

Cheers,
Jock
Beershark
Supporter

Who's lost a big hammer ?

Post by Beershark »

So ! That was why I woke up this morning covered in blood, snot and puke and holding a hammer and a bunch of six inch nails. I wasn't so much worried about waking up covered in blood, snot and puke, since that is how I normally wake up and the blood, snot and puke is generally mine, but it was worrying the crap outta me as to whose hammer and nails I had nicked during the night !
Beershark
Jock
Associate

Post by Jock »

It was a slightly more disturbing scene when I woke up...

Och naw...Whaurs ma guid hammer?
And ma braw nails!
Beershark, ya bastart, Ah'll chib ye!

I have to admit the puke was mine also. You said it was a bad idea to stop at Taco Bell, but would I listen?

I'll be back to get my hammer tonight...*grabs skean dhu*
Jock
Andy H
Associate

Post by Andy H »

Found these listed

William Richardson - (734) 213-2113 - 5470 Sutton Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48105

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
William F Richardson - (734) 665-0710 - 2083 Bent Trail Ct, Ann Arbor, MI 48108
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

And so as I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolour I must fear evil, For I am but mortal and mortals can only die