WATCH OUT FOR RUSSIAN SPAMMERS!

Questions, comments, suggestions, or problems.
Nordwest

Post by Nordwest »

I do not care about this Spammers, Jason Pipes deletes them, within a few days.
(Or a "invisible" Moderator, like always...!?)

Michael

Just to mention this: Our Dr. Krollspell from Sweden would be a very good new Moderator, my Vote for him and C. Awender, would be a very good Couple...

Michael
Jock
Associate

Post by Jock »

Hi Paddy,

Nope, no relation. Keddie is not that common a name, but there's still a few different families scattered around. Nice to know the family name was being represented in the Para's though!

Cheers,
Jock
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

I would resist anyone proposed by "Nordwest" as a matter of principle. Isn't Awender a moderator on Axis History Forum? Why not simply stay over there, "Nordwest"? You could ask Miss Wendel if she'll give her fellow Swede "Dr Krollspell" a job. Then you would be happy, no? Still looking forward to seeing your lawsuit against me! Send it via the e-mail system on this forum and I will pass it to my lawyers. Make sure it is in French and English too, with properly notarised translations.

PK
Helmut Von Moltke

Post by Helmut Von Moltke »

Paddy Keating wrote:Thanks Tom. I know I can be crude and brutal sometimes, perhaps even excessively so, but it is never indiscriminate or thoughtless. I am actually quite a friendly, accomodating chap most of the time but I have no tolerance for certain kinds of people one finds on these internet fora.

In the old days, when we met at shows of one kind or another, one could see these oafs and knuckledraggers - the people George Petersen famously described as "the dirty fingernail brigade" - coming and take evasive action. It is harder to avoid them on the web and one has to adopt quite a robust attitude if one is to stand any chance of discouraging these monkeys from turning every thread on every forum into chimpanzees' playtime with their inanities.

Perhaps some members found my Hadamar reference unduly offensive but I think this is because they chose to find it offensive. Is there much moral difference between what was done to handicapped people at Hadamar and terminating a pregnancy because the foetus is mongoloid, as some people I know recently chose to do?

The fact of the matter is that those indigenous Europeans making babies at the necessary rate tend to be from the lower orders and, often, just the sort of people who ought to be preventing from procreating. I do not know if "Nordwest" is of socially inferior stock or not but the man certainly appears to be clinically imbecilic and therefore a good candidate for sterilisation at the very least.

The fact of the matter is that there is much to be said for Eugenics in terms of building a better race: look at the Scandanavian nations, where Nazi-style Eugenics policies were applied until quite recently. Remember how unrelentingly beautiful most of them were? This is because the Scandanavians, for all their pious political correctitude and egalitarianism, sterilised the stunted and the retarded.

However, there is a difference between prevention and extermination: the first is hypocritical and disingenuous whilst the latter is brutal but honest. It is grimly amusing to receive criticial e-mails from people protesting about my Hadamar reference when I know damn well that the same people would probably kill an unborn but deformed baby "for its own good" if it were inside their wives. Moral relativity...

On another tack, I was amused by our Berliner friend's Deep South slavery analogy. People in glasshouses oughtn't to throw stones! Slavery was abolished in the old South in 1865 but it was extant throughout Europe in the early 1940s, thanks to the Germans.

I realise that it is awfully rude of me to bring Nazi slavery up, now that we are all such good friends, but I know quite a few people, including my father-in-law, who were forced to work gratis for several years until the Hitler regime was put out of business.

Regarding MH's other point about the Soviet destruction of the Hitler regime: while it is true that the German armed forces bled to death on the Eastern Front, I feel I must remind him that Great Britain stood alone against Hitler and his henchmen for more than a year and a half before the Nazis stabbed their Bolshevik allies in the back in June 1941. The Americans did not get off the fence until December 1941, when pushed by the Japanese.

So Great Britain - with the help of volunteers from the Empire, Commonwealth and Irish Free State - singlehandedly kept the flame of freedom from going out altogether in Europe for two years. Some credit is due also to the few brave souls from Occupied Europe who made to Great Britain to continue their fight and it should also be remembered that the French army inflicted terrible losses on the Wehrmacht in 1940.

So, MH, no, I am afraid that German did not become a global lingua franca. I travel a lot and find that speaking English, French and Spanish, with some Portuguese, allows me to function well in most parts of the world. German, on the other hand, is about as useful as Celtic in global business terms.

I can read German reasonably well and can certainly understand the posts of those Germans here who insist upon using German to flame and insult people in the imbecilic belief, apparently, that they can evade censure for being so insulting. The language of this website is English and it is rude of anyone to communicate in a foreign language that is likely to be incomprehensible to the majority of those present.

That I have to point this out at all is unfortunate...

PK
Terrible losses on the Wehrmacht in 1940? I hope this was a joke. :shock: Only 60000 dead, French, probably a few times over, + nearly a million prisoners....

helmut
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Okay, this has strayed quite far enough from the original intent. C'est fini.
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!