Introducing myself

Questions, comments, suggestions, or problems.
Kiwiwriter

Introducing myself

Post by Kiwiwriter »

Hi, I'm Dave Lippman, aka "Kiwiwriter," and I recognize a few faces here from places like the "Europa/GRD" list, and other sites.

When not writing speeches and press releases for Sharpe James, the Mayor of Newark, New Jersey, I write articles on World War II history, and I've found this to be a premier source if not THE premier source on information about the German military, so I can check that point about the fightin' 799th Messkit Repair Abteilung or the retreatin' 887th Festung Regiment, which provides the detailed threads that hook together grand narratives.

I need those threads for two purposes...my articles in history magazines on World War II, the other being my web page on the subject, located at

http://www.usswashington.com/dl_index.htm

That's a day-by-day history of the war, and comments and criticism are welcome.

This looks like an interesting site, but I'm not sure how often I'll check in here, because there seem to be 80 million threads, and there aren't 80 million hours in the day. But I will turn up.

Oh, and I forgot...I went with the 162nd Turkoman Division as a symbol, mostly because they were the 2nd New Zealand Division's opponents for much of the Italian campaign.
"Ich hatte ein Kamerad...."
Helmut Von Moltke

Post by Helmut Von Moltke »

welcome! :D

helmut