Forum ranks

Questions, comments, suggestions, or problems.
Jason Pipes
Patron

Forum ranks

Post by Jason Pipes »

Just so everyone knows, I have included "ranks" on the forum, but not ranks that are silly or artifical at all. The ranks we are using are simply a reflection of how many postings you have contributed to discussion. They are:

New Member, from 0 to 19 posts
Member, from 20 to 49 posts
Supporter, from 50 to 149 posts
Contributor, from 150 to 299 posts
Associate, from 300 to 499 posts
Patron, from 500 posts and up...
charlie don't surf
Associate

Post by charlie don't surf »

I became the first member :wink:

regards
Sam H.
Associate

Post by Sam H. »

Jason, you may wish to find a way to indicate financial supporters of the site. Perhaps a star, medal,etc.
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

That is an excellent idea. My only concern would be a way to intergrate that aspect as the two elements are not related on a scripting level (that is, forum membership and donation status). People that donate obviously are the driving force behind all new developements on Feldgrau so in that sense they are 100% intergrated with the new forum. It's simply a matter of how to automate the new forum to recognize when a person signs up if they are someone that has donated or not. I'll see what I can do on this front!!
Sam H.
Associate

Post by Sam H. »

you might be able to use e-mail addresses, I know most of us do not use are full name on line, but will provide it when donating ...you'd just have to get e-mail addresses from the donors
Wolfkin
Associate

Post by Wolfkin »

Interesting idea with the ranks! Different than other forums but good nonetheless! Actually it is quite suitable to the formal vibe in this forum.

Cheers,

Wolfkin
Amateurs limit their study to either Tactics, Strategy or Logistics. Professionals study ALL THREE of these!!!
Michael Dorosh
Supporter

Post by Michael Dorosh »

Wolfkin wrote:Interesting idea with the ranks! Different than other forums but good nonetheless! Actually it is quite suitable to the formal vibe in this forum.

Cheers,

Wolfkin
What do you know, you're from Calgary!

Excellent idea, Jason, and thank God you didn't give us stupid ranks like Sturmführer or some other dumbass idea. I like the professional look of this forum, and the categories, etc. Well done.
xavier
Contributor

rank and supporters

Post by xavier »

may I suggest a party badge for supporters and a combat award for posters? or something like it based on date, or ......?
"Assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit"

Constant practice devoted to one subject often outdues both intelligence and skill:
Cicero
Wolfkin
Associate

Post by Wolfkin »

Hey Michael!

How's it going? Yes, I agree, I do like the layout and setting of this forum. I have always considered this a "serious" forum except, of course, when I joined in the old Forum Heroes stories, but those will be in a separate category now.

I will have to admit, that I do enjoy some of the less formal forums as well, it depends what mood I am in, and I am an "Obersturmfuhrer" on one of them!

Good to hear from you again! Hey did you have as much fun scraping ice off your car this morning as I did? Darn Calgary weird weather! I notice the ice is way more adhesive to the windows here than in Kamloops, B.C. That is very strange. :?:

P.S. Your sites are very good! I enjoy them all!
Amateurs limit their study to either Tactics, Strategy or Logistics. Professionals study ALL THREE of these!!!
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

I found a way to include a special "rank" or "title" that will be unqiue to only those that have donated to the site in some way!

I will need to have said individuals contact me if they so desire to have this special title replace the standard forum ranks (as some may not) but when they do, I will add it.

From now on, all ranks are as follows (this will be posted as an annoucement as well). Only one rank can be associated with someone at a time.

special titles

Site Admin, (me)
Donor, anyone who had donated or subscribed

general titles

New Member, from 0 to 19 posts
Member, from 20 to 49 posts
Supporter, from 50 to 149 posts
Contributor, from 150 to 299 posts
Associate, from 300 to 499 posts
Patron, from 500 posts and up...

Comments?
Sam H.
Associate

Post by Sam H. »

I think that should work ... no complaints here
Santiago
Supporter

Post by Santiago »

Good Idea Jason.

[url=http://www.puntadelanza.net/Index.php]Punta de Lanza sitio de Combat Mission en Español[url]
charlie don't surf
Associate

Just noticed that I've became a supporter, that's a nice title. :wink:

regards
charlie don't surf
Associate

Now I've become a contributor, what a suitable birthday gift! I hope that you think that I deserve the title- I will try to live up to the name. :D

best regards
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

I'm considering making one condition of "reaching" a higher rank is that you have to use your real name for your username... :wink: